Next Iron Maiden Album?

How about the next one's a triple - one CD full of "reunion stuff", continuing the current stream of amazing albums, a second CD of 80's-like shorter "retro" stuff and a third CD with experiments (an acoustic song, a song with melodeath influences, a classic hard rock tune, a pure prog tune, slow somber blues, piano-based power ballad, Apparition 2, black metal, an instrumental after a long time...whatever).

It could also have a single story, but no interludes or anything like that.

And everyone's happy :D

Also, Zaireeka 2 - 6 CDs, each one having just one member. You have to play it yourself on 6 different CD players at the same time, but because you never start it exactly at the same moment and because you can play it without some of the CDs or at different volumes, it would be a completely different experience every time. There could also be solos for each of the CDs, so either they would solo over each other or you would lower the volume and create your perfect song with your perfect solos.

And both the "Gers of War" and the "H of Innocence" (as well as the "Murray Heads") would be happy.

:ninja:

An conceptual album sounds like a daring idea, the kind that Steve likes. Which was their last (or only) conceptual one, 7th Son? X-Factor and AMOLAD had a lead theme, but I can't see them as conceptual.

Considering that Steve will try to write a 24 minutes song, we can see a epic album

Well, the themes could vary.

A trip through UK's history, with the first track being 27 minute long epic about William the Conqueror...

A detective mystery/noir story.

Or football. A conceptual album about football.

(I've never seen a game of football in my life)

Bonus track: Oop the 'Ammers (feat. Philip "Gene Hunt" Glenister)

I think they will. And it won't take five years. I think they realized that they might not have many years left in them, so they'll do another album quite soon. 2018 is my guess.

I think they will. And it won't take five years. I think they realized that they might not have many years left in them, so they'll do another album quite soon. 2018 is my guess.
I have to agree with you. Especially after reading comments from Nicko about how he got inspired by Bruce's situation to get sober, etc... I think the band as a whole felt quite "human" because of Bruce. Just imagine being one of the biggest bands in the world and, while recording a new album, your lead singer has cancer... I mean, that really puts a perspective on things... And let's not forget, as an extra, the age factor...

Anyway, i can see a new album being recording somewhere in the second half of 2017 and coming out somewhere in the first half of 2018. Really think so.

Not really a "next album" .. but from the AMA about the video game

[–]Maiden-Olivia 13 points 17 hours ago
will any new/unreleased music like live versions be put into the game??
[–]Matt_LOTB 17 points 17 hours ago
Yes!
Much of the game music is derived from live recordings featuring the current line-up of the band. In many cases, those recordings have never been released featuring that line-up.
Our audio guys worked closely with the band and their production team to bring the music into the game at a very high level of fidelity, and the live tracks provide an incredible energy to the game.

[–]Llexi_LOTB 18 points 17 hours ago
We worked with Steve Harris to pick out a selection of live performances from throughout the band's career and those previously unreleased recordings were remixed and mastered by Tony Newton (Iron Maiden's live sound engineer) with Steve's input. This will be the first time a mobile game has had a bespoke soundtrack with such incredible production values.

Not really a "next album" .. but from the AMA about the video game

[–]Maiden-Olivia 13 points 17 hours ago
will any new/unreleased music like live versions be put into the game??

[–]Matt_LOTB 17 points 17 hours ago
Yes!

Much of the game music is derived from live recordings featuring the current line-up of the band. In many cases, those recordings have never been released featuring that line-up.
Our audio guys worked closely with the band and their production team to bring the music into the game at a very high level of fidelity, and the live tracks provide an incredible energy to the game.

[–]Llexi_LOTB 18 points 17 hours ago
We worked with Steve Harris to pick out a selection of live performances from throughout the band's career and those previously unreleased recordings were remixed and mastered by Tony Newton (Iron Maiden's live sound engineer) with Steve's input. This will be the first time a mobile game has had a bespoke soundtrack with such incredible production values.
More or less an Ed Hunter pt.2

Might be some interesting stuff ... maybe a few AMOLAD songs at least

Or only AMOLAD songs.

Call of Duty: The Eddie Offensive

EDIT: Okay, talk about weird coincidences - this picture actually is from Call of Duty and the zombie's name's allegedly indeed Edward o_O

latest

Last edited:
I can definitely see a "Legacy of the Beast: Best Hits Live" now. And, with that, the theme of the small and northern 2nd leg.

I was surprised when I learned that Seventh Son was based on a novel by Orson Scott Card, the first of which is called Seventh Son I believe. I don't know if the album is based on just the first book or the whole series, but if it's not I'd like to see them continue the story with an album based on the book's sequels.

Yea another concept album might be cool. Perhaps Steve should read the book Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny so their next album can be based on it :)

I was surprised when I learned that Seventh Son was based on a novel by Orson Scott Card, the first of which is called Seventh Son I believe. I don't know if the album is based on just the first book or the whole series, but if it's not I'd like to see them continue the story with an album based on the book's sequels.

I haven't read it myself, but I believe it was only loosely based on it. More like 'inspired by'.

Well if just one never released live song lands in that game I'll be happy. It'll be ripped out pretty soon and put into my mutli-hundreds gigabyte Maiden library.

New studio album would be a gift from the Gods but I really really would like to see a small club size gig recorded well for bluray. I mean the original spirit of Maiden with today's technics. Drinking home alone with it would be better than a new model girl friend!

I am almost certain that the studio is booked for next year. The question is when, after (mid September) or before (February) the UK tour.

Back