NEWS: Maiden have started writing NEW material!

Can't watch that video because the Gestapo banned it in my country, but I assume that it is the edited version of the song. There is an edit that omits much of the chorus repetitions and clocks in at 6:02. From what I understand it's the common single version (both parts of the single I own have the edited version on it). So yeah, you'll find it on the CD singles.

Perun said:
Can't watch that video because the Gestapo banned it in my country, but I assume that it is the edited version of the song. There is an edit that omits much of the chorus repetitions and clocks in at 6:02. From what I understand it's the common single version (both parts of the single I own have the edited version on it). So yeah, you'll find it on the CD singles.
I think Perun is right, the "edit" version is the one used in the video.

Perun said:

Huh? Are you sure? My singles have these audio tracks:

CD 1
1. TAATG (full album version)
2. Blood on the World's Hands (live version)

CD 2
1. TAATG (edit)
2. Blood on the World's Hands (live version)
3. The Aftermath (live version)

JackKnife said:
I think Perun is right, the "edit" version is the one used in the video.

The video is shorter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYdF524q7w
Bit more than 4 minutes.

Forostar said:
Huh? Are you sure? My singles have these audio tracks:

Yes, I am. I took both CDs out of my shelf and looked at their back I was surprised myself, and that is why I explicitly denoted it was both that I own. I suppose that I have two different national editions (one of them is from the UK for certain), but I never cared enough to make it more than an assumption.
In case it is important, the track list of the two are:

CD1:
1. The Angel and the Gambler (Edit)
2. Blood on the World's Hands (Live Version)
3. The Aftermath (Live Version)
4. Man on the Edge (Video)

CD2:
1. The Angel and the Gambler (Edited Version)
2. The Aftermath (Live Version)
3. Man on the Edge (Video)

Perun said:
You mean an album released in Autumn?

Why should they need a whole year to make a new album?

Will-I-Am said:
Just guessed. Both AMOLAD & DOD were ready before summer, yet they've been released in Autumn.
I'm definitely in favour of a spring /early summer release though -let's hope you guess right, and I wrong.

Iron Maiden Official Site said:
After their triumphant show in 2008, this will mark the second show of the British Metal legends at the Wacken:Open:Air. Their gig on Thursday, August 5th, 2010 will also be their only German show next year.

-->whole article

The above official statement reinforces my feeling for an autumn album, and as it seems a late autumn album -at the best.
I'll explain myself :
If the album was ready in e.g September, they would started touring about October
and likely they'd done some shows in Germany -as usual- until end December.

Another thing about new album, is that I feel that maybe Shirley will not be the producer.
Until now he didn't even post a word about Maiden's current project in his diary....

Perun said:
I suppose that I have two different national editions (one of them is from the UK for certain)
From what I have, it looks like the CD 2 is the UK version as that is the same as mine.

My CD 1 only has Blood on the Worlds Hands as the live track plus the TAATG full album version - CD 1 also has the live video of Blaze doing Afraid to Shoot Strangers.

Will-I-Am said:
Another thing about new album, is that I feel that maybe Shirley will not be the producer.
Until now he didn't even post a word about Maiden's current project in his diary....

Hey indeed. You could be right, but that would be an unexpected move. I forgot when Shirley started raving about it last time, when they did AMOLAD. Plus: Who knows Maiden has not started to record yet.

Maiden said that they'll start recording after christmas didnt they?
I think the new album will come out in september, like the two previous albums.

Will-I-Am said:
Well, that's because he isn't involved in the writing process. When the band writes the songs, and they're refined enough to be recorded, they'll go in the studio and that's when Shirley comes in. It's unnecessary and a waste of the band's money to actually write the songs in studio.

Besides, Shirley produced everything from BNW to Flight 666, and the band doesn't have a habit of changing the team if it functions adequately.

gulranek said:
Well, that's because he isn't involved in the writing process. When the band writes the songs, and they're refined enough to be recorded, they'll go in the studio and that's when Shirley comes in. It's unnecessary and a waste of the band's money to actually write the songs in studio.

Besides, Shirley produced everything from BNW to Flight 666, and the band doesn't have a habit of changing the team if it functions adequately.
Who says it's unnecessary? For all we know that could be what brings them into the right state of mind. If that's how they work best and they like to work that way then it's not unnecessary at all.

A friend of mine from the official forum sent me this via MSN:

"Guy on the FC happen to see Nicko and sat down with him for a good hour. I tried not to be too annoyingly "fan-boy", but my Maiden jersey probably gave that away. I did ask him how things went in Paris and he excitedly said it went very well with at least 6 songs they felt really great about. Didn't really get into the tour, but he said they would probably do another celebration type focusing on the 4 albums - BNW, DOD, AMOLAD, and @#%& (Sorry! He swore me to secrecy on the new album title). Also, said that while they are getting older they are all really into and have no official plan or stop date, so they will keep going as long as the body and spirit will allow."

Great starting news about the writing sessions. Maybe we'll get the album release already in the summer. UP THE IRONS!!! \m/

Wow, That's great news!
That means that there are about 4 more songs to go, and then it's off to recording!
I just hope the title dosent have something to do with death :P

Jeffmetal said:
A friend of mine from the official forum sent me this via MSN:

"Guy on the FC happen to see Nicko and sat down with him for a good hour. I tried not to be too annoyingly "fan-boy", but my Maiden jersey probably gave that away. I did ask him how things went in Paris and he excitedly said it went very well with at least 6 songs they felt really great about. Didn't really get into the tour, but he said they would probably do another celebration type focusing on the 4 albums - BNW, DOD, AMOLAD, and @#%& (Sorry! He swore me to secrecy on the new album title). Also, said that while they are getting older they are all really into and have no official plan or stop date, so they will keep going as long as the body and spirit will allow."

Great starting news about the writing sessions. Maybe we'll get the album release already in the summer. UP THE IRONS!!! \m/

Really Jeff, that would be a great news but I believe that's rather bullshit

1. Nicko said the title to an unknown ??
2. New title in a so early stage ??

Back