New Single - The Writing on the Wall

Who plays the guitar licks/melodies under the chorus? Adrian or maybe Dave (like in TWM)? But Janick usually plays this kind of little melodies.

Who plays the guitar licks/melodies under the chorus? Adrian or maybe Dave (like in TWM)? But Janick usually plays this kind of little melodies.
These parts might as well be overdubbed. I mean there are already 3 guitars in the chorus. It might be any of Amigos playing this part. Really hope they do play it in the live renditions of the song.

These parts might as well be overdubbed. I mean there are already 3 guitars in the chorus. It might be any of Amigos playing this part. Really hope they do play it in the live renditions of the song.
I'm sure they will. Btw, the guitar melodies under the chorus in SOL are played by Adrian (a song that he co-wrote).

I'm sure they will. Btw, the guitar melodies under the chorus in SOL are played by Adrian (a song that he co-wrote).

Sorry but which guitar melodies?? I think that it is just in the last chorus that he plays something that was not on the studio version,right?

Sorry but which guitar melodies?? I think that it is just in the last chorus that he plays something that was not on the studio version,right?
Sorry, not under the chorus - during the pre-chorus. They are presented in the studio version too (0:55 & 3:40 in this video).

Btw, I think he also plays (or all guitarists?) the little switch of the melody in the main riff in TWOTW (1:24).

Sorry, not under the chorus - during the pre-chorus. They are presented in the studio version too (0:55 & 3:40 in this video).

Btw, I think he also plays (or all guitarists?) the little switch of the melody in the main riff in TWOTW (1:24).
Well, ok! This melody part on SOL is played by two guitars and is a main part of the song. So I would expect them to be played live. What he does on TWOTW (he probably is as you say) is subtle. Since he did changes in the choruses for DOG, IESF you never know what he would do live. look lick though and it keeps things interesting. I however have high hopes for DOTFP

Bootleg single of TWOTW. If there's enough shillings in this for people to bootleg it why don't Maiden release a real version?

After I started playing the new song on guitar I noticed how well the bass line from the intro of Wrathchild flows with the intro of this song (you just need to change key and, of course, lower the tempo a bit).

And if I remember correctly, no other Maiden songs than these include a word starting with "wr" so ... it can't be all coincidence, too many things are evident.

Have you seen that Wrathchild on his way?

:ninja:

After I started playing the new song on guitar I noticed how well the bass line from the intro of Wrathchild flows with the intro of this song (you just need to change key and, of course, lower the tempo a bit).
Does contain some Wrathchild indeed.
Also, as pointed out by Mrs. M, there is some similarity between "haave you seen" and "Aalexan", with the result that I can't get out of my head "Alexander writing on the wall, have you seen him writing" now.
Sorry about that.

Not sure if this has been posted already but this is cool. Didn't realise how much reverb is on the vocals!
Question is - from which version it is? First version had problems with channels and created reverb on vocal. But still - this is great.

Question is - from which version it is? First version had problems with channels and created reverb on vocal. But still - this is great.
Not sure - I've heard a few isolated vocal tracks from BOS and the vocals had a fair amount of reverb on those. Maybe it's something Kevin Shirley has decided to do more on the last couple of albums. I haven't heard any isolated vocal tracks from TFF but there didn't seem to be much, other than on Satellite 15 obviously.

Back