New single: Stratego

Again, this is so beautiful. I am about 10 listens in, or I dont really know. Instant love. Please give me more of this. Nicko is a beast. Melodies make me feel like home. SurprIIIIIISEEEE. This song reassures me, that we are not living in a computer simulation. You could not create something like this artificially. Old Maiden meets new Maiden meets talent and brilliance and very satisfied Artie.

It sits like an ass on the pot. Czech expression.

Also.

Did I tell you why it is called Stratego?

Guys are playing Stratocasters and have a very high EGO.

I love you all and God bless Maiden.

Although there's too much lead guitar/ voice line mimicking for my taste I really enjoyed it. Epic, melodic yet powerful and concise. Keyboard line is ok but the bank is kinda weird. Nevertheless it's a pretty cool track and that makes already two great songs on Senjutsu.

I think I like this song, if only I could hear it. I don't recall ever complaining about production in the past, but this mix is making me miss Will Malone.

I know it was recorded Covid, but it sounds like Bruce is wearing two masks. Listened on headphones and in my car and got the same result. Maybe it's Apple Music's fault?

I think I like this song, if only I could hear it. I don't recall ever complaining about production in the past, but this mix is making me miss Will Malone.

I know it was recorded Covid, but it sounds like Bruce is wearing two masks. Listened on headphones and in my car and got the same result. Maybe it's Apple Music's fault?
Spot on, i don't complain about production either. I tried it on my sony headphones with multiple settings then tried it on wired regular headphones and then on speakers. I think the verse mix is the issue and the song really opens up afterwards in the bridge and chorus. I am probably the only one who likes the youtube mix more than spotify

Last edited:

I listened to Spotify, YT video, and YT audio version, and all three are different.

What the hell is that last note? It's like a viola or basson, orchestration dud note or the song proceeds directly into the next one?

Back