New posters! Who are you?

Apparentely, i skipped this thread.
I'm from Brazil. Belo Horizonte (football fans will remember the city as the home of the 7x1). Looking forward to see Maiden live from the first time (in 2011 and 2013 i didn't had the money to go all the way to São Paulo). And, of course, my favorite guitarrist is Dave Murray and his grimace. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, you gotta respect Janick "the myth" Gers. Who can play a Maiden solo, spank Eddie and run n'jump from 2 hours? The Myth, and only him

Hi my name is Saul, I'm 15 and from oxford Uk. I recently got into iron maiden and have not looked back, il be going to my first maiden show in the summer. my favorite album is a brave new world and my favourite guitarist is Dave Murray. Up the irons

I never did this when I joined but for what its worth, its Dave, all the way. Then Janick. I actually used to hate Adrian. This was based solely on his look, as a 6 year old watching LAD and Maiden England on VHS I just thought he looked like a dick. And the fact that he didnt join in the fun on the German TV mime of Wasted Years on the 12 Wasted Years VHS, well his card was well and truly marked.

When I came to understand and appreciate (slightly) the guitar playing side of things I began to like/respect/appreciate Adrian but the first cut is the deepest and so Dave will always be number one. I 'feel' his playing more than Adrians and Jan has written some of my favourite Maiden songs so get to the back of the queue H!

Russ from the U.S. here. I graduated high school in 89 so Maiden was a staple of mine growing up. Whilst everyone else was listening to boy bands, glam rock and milli vanilli There I was, with my Maiden, Priest and early Metalica. I even remember people saying that music like mine was a fad. One girl in particular who was really into culture club.
Honest answer, I don't have a favorite guitarist. I appreciate each of them for what they bring and their uniqueness. Its a sum of the parts rather than the individual parts if you know what I mean.
I have the wife talked into seeing them in Detroit in April. I've recently gotten her into Maiden, but she has no idea what she is in for.

Back