New posters! Who are you?

Piece of Mind

Nice to see somebody who likes Virtual :ok:

Hello, new to this forum here.

Been an Iron Maiden fan since I first heard Brave New World, and they have been my favourite band since. Nothing really compares. I have seen them live 2 times, on the Somewhere Back in Time Tour (2008) and The Final Frontier Tour (2011). Massively prefer newer material.

Since I started playing guitar 6 years ago or so, they have been a constant source of inspiration. When I got into literature I started to read the lyrics in a new way and found something new to be inspired of. (Maybe I did these things because of Maiden?) Of course there have been times when I have thought that I had lost interest in the music and was off to other things, but I have always come back. And it always feels like coming home.

I am not a big fan of making lists with favourite songs, but I can still say that the most loved albums are A Matter of Life and Death (which I think is their best album as a whole), The X Factor and The Final Frontier. I prefer the epics when it comes to the songs. Songs worth mentioning at the moment are Starblind, The Legacy, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and The Talisman. Other things worth mentioning are that Janick Gers probably is my favourite guitarist and songwriter in the band, but all of them are great.

New to the forum, used to talk on the old forum on the Iron Maiden website but then the server went down and now its apparently only FC members so whatever.... Anyway I've been a Maiden fan for about 7 or 8 years ever since I first heard Hallowed Be Thy Name and then I bought Number of the Beast and it was amazing.

I just left the Maiden website.They want 50 bucks a year.Their retirement greed is killing the respect I had. My name is Bo, I want to move back to Sebastopol, I'm 46,married,kid, golf nut,and have been into true metal (None of the growling because I can't sing shit)since 1980.

Wow. I'm in Dubai, here one does not need to have handicap, you just book and you're ready to go ;) I guess I'm around 25 (from comparison with other golf buddies). I live very close to Emirates Golf Course & Montgomery if you know, so I mainly go to these for practicing /playing..

I'm new here. My name is Chris and i have been seriously into Maiden since the day i heard Live after death for the first time twenty years ago. Saw them only twice. The x factour and the Final frontier tour. Both were amazing nights. Tickets for the upcoming run are burning on my desk. I know it sounds way to easy, but i like almost everything they made. VXI being the exeption to the rule though. Up the irons!

I'm new here. My name is Chris and i have been seriously into Maiden since the day i heard Live after death for the first time twenty years ago. Saw them only twice. The x factour and the Final frontier tour. Both were amazing nights. It sounds way to easy but i like almost everything the made. VXI being the exeption to the rule. Up the irons!
Welcome Chris,I'm new here too. It seems quite dead on here compared to the IMFC,but maybe we can change that. Where are you at , what are you into, and what is the greatest conquest of your life(other than sexual)Let's try to think up some good topics to help spur some interest.I'd say politics,but people tend to get personal and say stupid stuff.

Hello, my name's Benjamin, I live between Fribourg and Berne in Switzerland, I'm Maiden Fan since 1986, my first tape was Piece of Mind and my last Maiden concert was 2011 at Getafe in Spain (together with Twisted Sister). As hobbies I have also travelling, hiking and climbing and I'm a big football and icehockey fan.

Hi, I'm a lapsed Maiden fan from the UK - lapsed in that I pretty much forgot they existed some time in the 90s, and only just came back fairly recently to find loads of music that's completely new to me.
I'm currently rationing my intake and considering scraping together money for Download Festival next year.
I'm not into hockey, sorry.

Back