New posters! Who are you?

I keep forgetting this thread is here. Hell, I didn't even use it when I first came on! :lol:

In anycase, welcome to all the new people on the forum! :)

Hi, I'm a lapsed Maiden fan from the UK - lapsed in that I pretty much forgot they existed some time in the 90s, and only just came back fairly recently to find loads of music that's completely new to me.
I'm currently rationing my intake and considering scraping together money for Download Festival next year.
I'm not into hockey, sorry.
I was kinda the same way. I lost contact with Maiden in the early 90's and only got back into them with DOD. Sounds like you have a good plan!!
And, Loosey is correct... hockey is sad right now. I'm super disappointed that they canceled the Winter Classic. :(

I second Loosey, good to see you got through the Uggs Blockade, Brigantium!

Hello everyone!

I first got into Iron Maiden back in 1981 after Killers came out. I was a big Maiden fan up until Powerslave. For who knows what reason I didn’t care for Powerslave when it came out and drifted away from Iron Maiden. Fast forward to about a year ago when I found a copy of Powerslave on vinyl at the flea market along with Seventh Son. I had recently upgraded my stereo system and was blown away by the sonics on both albums. Also, I can’t fathom why I didn’t like Powerslave back in the 80’s. I am also blown away by Seventh Son. I’ve been actively seeking out all of Iron Maiden’s music now. I’ve tracked down every album on vinyl up to No Prayer For The Dying. Just the other day I received in the mail an original, still factory sealed US copy of Number of the Beast. I’ve picked up a few 12” singles with non-LP tracks also. I have recently purchased on CD Fear of the Dark, The X Factor, Virtual XI and Brave New World. I haven’t taken in Fear or Brave New World enough yet to comment. I am however very much into these Blaze Bayley recordings. X Factor especially I’m loving more and more everyday. In fact, I ordered from Japan the original double CDs of the Blaze titles for the bonus tracks plus I have heard they have the best sound quality. Up the Irons!

Some of my collection;

beastsealed_zps032f42f1.jpg

noprayersale.jpg

maidenlive1japan001.jpg

2ndsatscores003.jpg

Welcome. Cool story - for most the fade came in the 90s and the return with BNW.
Hope you share your thoughts as you discover what you've missed.

Right now I can't get enough of X Factor. Yesterday I picked up used Bruce Dickinson's "Balls to Picasso". My initial reaction is I don't like it. I highly recommend the UK vinyl pressing of No Prayer For the Dying. I initially bought the US red vinyl copy. It was visually near mint but had too much surface noise. Of course there could have been some groove damage, I don't know. But the UK pressing is fantastic. It sounds wider, deeper, heavier and the pressing is great. I prefer it over the CD version as well.

I've got some things coming in the mail at the moment;

Iron Maiden - Kings Of Metal Includes Soundhouse Tapes, BBC Sessions, Rare Tracks USA, BLACK Vinyl
Iron Maiden - The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg / The Trooper (Radio One Session) / Run To The Hills (Radio One Session) Ltd Ed Clear Vinyl S/S UK
Iron Maiden - Stranger In A Strange Land / That Girl / Juanita Ex/M- UK
Iron Maiden- Virus + 2 Soundhouse Tape Tracks Ltd Ed Poster Sleeve M-/M- UK

Wally! For Bruce's solo gems, go for Chemical Wedding (followed by Accident of Birth and thirdly Tyranny of Souls).

Wally, welcome man!

If you are from the US (not sure, but I thought so) then you are a rare and imo most welcome addition to the forum. Most older fans from the US that I have seen, took a huge break, "woke up" when they found out Bruce was back, raved about how fantastic the reunion albums are and were negative about the nineties (both Dickinson and Blaze).

Wally, welcome man!

If you are from the US (not sure, but I thought so) then you are a rare and imo most welcome addition to the forum. Most older fans from the US that I have seen, took a huge break, "woke up" when they found out Bruce was back, raved about how fantastic the reunion albums are and were negative about the nineties (both Dickinson and Blaze).

Yes, I'm from the US. Originally from Long Island, New York currently residing in Brooklyn after 5 years living abroad in the Czech Republic. I bought Fear of the Dark through Brave New World recently and the first night I had them loaded onto my ipod I listened to them in chronological order. About halfway through Brave New World I kept thinking to myself "this is good, not quite as great as I was led to believe it was and I want to listen to X Factor again. I think the reason X Factor is so appealing to me is that I'm much more of an old progger [Genesis, King Crimson, Roxy Music, VDGG,etc.] than a Metalhead.

I think the reason X Factor is so appealing to me is that I'm much more of an old progger [Genesis, King Crimson, Roxy Music, VDGG,etc.] than a Metalhead.

Wait 'til you get t AMOLAD and the back half of TFF
(Not to mention a little song called Paschendale)

Hello, I'm Chained Prometheus! :) Been an Iron Maiden fan for the past five years, and finally got around to signing up here! I'm personally a bigger fan of the band's newer material than I am of the classic era. I had a very eventful cross-country trip across the United States in the summer of 2009 while I listened to A Matter of Life and Death over and over again, everywhere I went. I'd been meaning to see the band live for years now, but I only have just gotten my chance. I'll be seeing them live for the first time in September in their show in Raleigh!

Welcome to the forum, Chained! :) You'll feel very at home here. I'm hoping to be able to get to the North Carolina show which would be my first as well but it's starting to look not very likely for me. I'm glad to hear you'll finally get to see them!

Hi Prometheus, nice to meet you! That's two of us hoping to see Maiden live for the first time this summer ;)

I actually got my tickets yesterday, so unless they cancel or something, I'll be there! Best of luck to you in seeing them too this summer! :bigsmile:

I suppose one thing that's special about this band to me is how it's just about the one metal band I can almost always listen to with my dad. I've made him a big fan of the band too, and he'll be seeing them live with me in September. Really excited for that.

Back