New posters! Who are you?

Ha! You're just saying that so that you'll have an excuse to say sex. :p

Fine then, I'm glad to see more of the female SEX on this forum. :)

Maybe Onhell should change his username to Sextus, while Natalie should change hers to Sexta.

HEY! Those are Classic Roman names!

I'm another newbie here!  Lived in Australia all my life - some 35yrs and been listening to Maiden for some 20 odd years, but have never had the opportunity to see them live  :mad:.

I live for my music and listen to a broad collection styles, however, metal is the all time fav.  Also play guitar and collect, design + create one off metal memorabilla (eg. framed pic discs, autograhed CD / sheet music etc).

Forostar said:
Where's The Saint?

In all sainthood: in a monastery.

Sorry guys, way too much work since I've started a new job several months ago. Checking the news through my rss reader and, more often than not, news that I stumble upon were already put up here by the great Shadow or others.

Don't worry, will never quite abandon these shores.

Fair winds and following seas, my dear fellows.

Cheers.

Hi, I'm new

Hi, I'm White Dot and I'm new here.  I'm a Maiden fan and I'm just going to be in lurk mode for a while since there are a ton of posts to look through.

Nice to meet you all, eventually!

I have merged these threads for sake of forum continuity :)

Please feel free to start posting whenever you wish, Dottie.  And welcome aboard!

We want information, information...."who are you?"  The new number 2......Hello everyone! Names Char, I live in California.  All I can say is.."I'm just a n00b"  Great fourm OLD TIMERS!  Keeps me occupied into the wee hours of the night. Thanks for all this great INFORMATION.

Been making the rounds around here for a little while, so I figured I'd give myself a proper introduction.

I'm 21 years old, native of Sweden. I'm studying to be a teacher of English and Social Studies/Civics at the University of Gothenburg. In Upper Secondary I studied at the Media Programme and "majored" in Sound Media. Thus giving me plenty of routine as a DJ/Talk Radio-host, as well as some better than average Photoshop-skills. While at the same time completely botching any possibility of getting a proper job. So I figured I'd follow in my mother's footsteps and become an English-teacher. Something that I'd planned when I was younger but threw away when I realised I had the grades to get into the Media Programme and play around with all their toys for three years :p

Right now I'm on my summer vacation, which is mostly spent relaxing. Reading, playing videogames, Poi-ing, and hanging out with my girlfriend. At the moment our current major project is playing through FFIX 2-player and getting all the summons. She was the one that inadvertently made me a major Maiden-head. Throughout Upper Secondary I would regularly tease her for liking "Spandex-metal", and then swore my allegiance to Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin. What a fool I was. So when she went to see them at Ullevi I began researching and listening to the albums. Just to get a frame of reference. I ended up very slowly becoming a fan. Which climaxed with her, me and her sister going to the AMOLAD tour in November. I'll forever regret that I wasn't there at Ullevi, but here's hoping for next year!

Musically I consider myself quite varied. You can check out my tastes at http://www.last.fm/user/Shrike_Priest/. At the moment I'm really getting into the post-rock scene. With bands like Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky and 65daysofstatic.

When it comes to reading I obviously like Dostoevsky. I have an extensive Pratchett-collection (all discworld-novels released to date, not counting some of the "Young Adult"-books) as well as a signed copy of Good Omens. Further authors I admire are Hunter Thompson, Dan Simmons (from whose novels I stole this nick), George Alec Effinger, Orson Scott Card and William Gibson.

When it comes to films, I tend to be on the "beside mainstream" side. Not quite art-house or anything, but mostly slightly off-beat stuff. My ever-changing top-five at the moment consists of: The Fountain, Oldboy, Hero, Magnolia and The Killer. So yeah, I lean towards Asian cinema a lot. Mostly Hong Kong and Korea though.

I think that about sums me up without going into the really meaty issues like politics or religion. I doubt anyone would want to read any more anyway. I'm really liking this place so far and hope I'll be able to find a place in this little community.

What is really embarrassing (for English speaking people) is how people like yourself, Shrike, have a far better command of the English language than those whose mother tongue is English.

Welcome aboard. :)

Welcome aboard Shrike (cool nickname by the way, it reminds me of "strike" which has a nice double meaning on a forum!)

Albie said:
What is really embarrassing (for English speaking people) is how people like yourself, Shrike, have a far better command of the English language than those whose mother tongue is English.

Welcome aboard. :)

Hehe, thanks a lot. I think it's to do more with motivation than actual skill, though. However, it's always a nice confidence booster when I see English people misspell a word :p To be fair, Mac OS' built-in spell-checker makes me look better than I really am ;)

Shrike said:
Hehe, thanks a lot. I think it's to do more with motivation than actual skill, though. However, it's always a nice confidence booster when I see English people misspell a word :p To be fair, Mac OS' built-in spell-checker makes me look better than I really am ;)

A Mac guy huh? That's enough to earn high marks in my  (mac)book hehe :p

Onhell said:
A Mac guy huh? That's enough to earn high marks in my  (mac)book hehe :p

I'm in luck. Usually the odds of a Mac user getting negative response are equally high ;) But yeah, I've been a Mac users pretty much all my life (since the age of 8 at least). Though due to certain circumstances I've occasionally been PC-only. Got a new MBP last fall, and I'm loving it. Thinking of upgrading the RAM to 3GB though, just to get it out of the way and not have to worry about it later on. I have a feeling Leopard is gonna like those extra 2GBs too :p

Greetings, I'm not a new poster, however It's been a long while since I last posted, I just wanted to drop by here to say hello, and I hope we can still discuss music and many other topics just like in the old days when I used to post here, which I really want do more often now.

Cheers. :bigsmile:

Back