New posters! Who are you?

I have a handful of posts already, but anyhow, here goes.

I discovered Maiden while in boot camp in 1983. When got to go to the PX for the first time, I bought a Walkman cassette player.

There were dozens of country music, pop, R&B, etc. There was only 1 cassette that was looked even remotely interesting. So I grabbed it.

It was Number Of The Beast, and so began my life as a Maiden fan.

Anyhow, I've seen Maiden 7 times, but none since SSOASS tour.

My greatest Maiden moment happened in Germany, at a show with no seating at all. Just a huge hall. I had my hands right on the stage.

They must've had lights at stage level at the back of the hall, because I distinctly remember seeing the shadow of my fist on Steve's bass.

I walked out of that show with an Adrian Smith sweatband (which I promptly lost taking off my coat in the train station), a genuine used-in-concert, chewed up Nicko McBrain drumstick, which I gave to my youngest brother when he fell in love with Maiden. (I still regret doing that, but I can't ask for it back, can I?)

I also got to high five Bruce, but he did that with everyone as he ran the length of the front row.

When ROTAM slowed down for the reading of the passage in the poem, I remember the coolness of the dry ice mist rolling over us. AAAHHH.

We were so close that when Eddie came out, I literally had to lean back and look up to see him. I'm telling you, we were that close.

Of all those great, once in a lifetime things, the one that tops them all, the greatest moment of my entire concert going life, happened during 2 Minutes to Midnight.

When the song goes to that little break & slows down, right after the lead solos, Steve Harris, not 5 feet away, raised his bass, took aim straight at me, and put 2 shots right between the eyes.

It still gives me goosebumps, and I see it every time I hear 2MTM. I doubt I'll ever have anything top that.

However, I went a long stretch where I wasn't even really keeping up with Maiden, or any music, for that matter.

Getting married, raising a family, mortgage, car payments, etc, has a way of juxta positioning your priorities.

Raising a family is not a part time thing, so even though I never stopped listening, I wasn't as devoted as I was in my youth.

I'm 54 years old, from the U.S. I've been married for 27 years, with 3 kids. My youngest just got her Masters Degree.

Don't ask in what, because I'm not sure. I just wrote the checks. LOL.

Anyhow, I chose the screen name Daedalus because he's the father of Icarus, as I'm sure everyone already knows.

I'd really like to change it, though, but I don't know how, or even if it is permitted.

I did a search, and I couldn't find any members with the name I want.

I'd like to say it's been great, finding this site. I'm a big Maiden fan, they're my #1, but prospecting around this site, I know for sure I'm nowhere near
as educated or rabid about Maiden as a lot of the folks here.

So, glad to be here.

So now that the kids are done school, that means you can spend more time listening to music and going to concerts!

Mid Atlantic Eastern Seaboard is as detailed as I get. I will say I've seen a lot of shows in Philadelphia.

Back