New Maiden live album - Strangers in a Strange Land: Somewhere in Paris '86

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
Iron Maiden Strangers in a Strange Land.png

Parlophone Records (BMG in the USA) are pleased to announce the release of IRON MAIDEN’s new double live album on May 26th worldwide. Containing material from the legendary Somewhere On Tour and available in multiple formats, Strangers in a Strange Land: Somewhere in Paris '86 was recorded by a member of the band's roadcrew that hadn't been played since its recording.

Steve Harris comments,

"I've always regretted never putting out a proper live album for Somewhere On Tour. It was among our most unique concert tours and featured loads of classic songs that we haven't gone back to all that often since then. When we came up with the concept of the upcoming Future Past Tour, one of our former roadcrew members sent me an old tape of his he'd taken of our show in Paris of 1986. As soon as I heard it I knew we had to release this for the fans. It's been one of our most requested releases and we're all super happy to finally be able to offer a live document from this era for everyone to enjoy."

Rod Smallwood adds,

"We decided to release the record on the weekend of The Future Past Tour kick-off to whet the appetites of all the fans who will be seeing the band on the new tour. Steve and co-producers Kevin Shirley and Tony Newton have really put effort into polishing up the original tapes to get the high-fidelity sound quality everyone expects from an Iron Maiden release. But there's something special about this not originally having been a professional recording. You get a true sense of frankness and realism that we've never boasted before on an Iron Maiden live album."

The tracklisting is:

Caught Somewhere In Time
2 Minutes To Midnight
Sea Of Madness
Children Of The Damned
Stranger In A Strange Land
Wasted Years
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Heaven Can Wait
Phantom Of The Opera
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden
The Number Of The Beast
Run To The Hills
Running Free
Sanctuary

The album will be available in these formats:

Digipak 2CD
Deluxe hardcase book 2CD
Triple black heavyweight vinyl
Limited edition heavyweight 180g Future Past triple coloured vinyl
Digital (streaming and download)

Click here to listen to the first single from the album, Sea Of Madness.

Given that it isn’t a professional record I don’t have high hopes for this TBH. Nights of the Dead sucked hard enough and I don’t wanna hear the SiT songs sounding half as bad as that record did.

Excellent news. Heard some rumours about this last week already.

Also saw the new interview with Nicko in Drummers of the World where he confirmed they will play half of Somewhere in Time and half of Senjutsu. Senjutsu remains opening track apparently and he more or less confirmed Alexander the Great.

View attachment 25143

Parlophone Records (BMG in the USA) are pleased to announce the release of IRON MAIDEN’s new double live album on May 26th worldwide. Containing material from the legendary Somewhere On Tour and available in multiple formats, Strangers in a Strange Land: Somewhere in Paris '86 was recorded by a member of the band's roadcrew that hadn't been played since its recording.

Steve Harris comments,

"I've always regretted never putting out a proper live album for Somewhere On Tour. It was among our most unique concert tours and featured loads of classic songs that we haven't gone back to all that often since then. When we came up with the concept of the upcoming Future Past Tour, one of our former roadcrew members sent me an old tape of his he'd taken of our show in Paris of 1986. As soon as I heard it I knew we had to release this for the fans. It's been one of our most requested releases and we're all super happy to finally be able to offer a live document from this era for everyone to enjoy."

Rod Smallwood adds,

"We decided to release the record on the weekend of The Future Past Tour kick-off to whet the appetites of all the fans who will be seeing the band on the new tour. Steve and co-producers Kevin Shirley and Tony Newton have really put effort into polishing up the original tapes to get the high-fidelity sound quality everyone expects from an Iron Maiden release. But there's something special about this not originally having been a professional recording. You get a true sense of frankness and realism that we've never boasted before on an Iron Maiden live album."

The tracklisting is:

Caught Somewhere In Time
2 Minutes To Midnight
Sea Of Madness
Children Of The Damned
Stranger In A Strange Land
Wasted Years
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Heaven Can Wait
Phantom Of The Opera
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden
The Number Of The Beast
Run To The Hills
Running Free
Sanctuary

The album will be available in these formats:

Digipak 2CD
Deluxe hardcase book 2CD
Triple black heavyweight vinyl
Limited edition heavyweight 180g Future Past triple coloured vinyl
Digital (streaming and download)

Click here to listen to the first single from the album, Sea Of Madness.
Good Job!

Given that it isn’t a professional record I don’t have high hopes for this TBH. Nights of the Dead sucked hard enough and I don’t wanna hear the SiT songs sounding half as bad as that record did.
I dunno, Kevin Shirley co-producing, right? The first time since En Vivo... Metallica did cleaned-up archive releases in 2020 and those were pretty solid.

I'm feeling pretty good about this one. Shame about the cover art. Almost like they spend all of five seconds on it in MS Paint. But hey, at least it's not a terrible illustration like all those awful tour shirts they've been doing. Surprised to see the announcement on a Saturday though. I guess they wanted to be original and not get lost in the usual news cycle!

Why do people think these kind of posts are funny :facepalm:

Every April 1st all over forums and social media there’s always someone who thinks people will actually fall for these fake news things.

NoFunAllowed.jpg

I made my partner fall for it when I showed them the post and to be honest that's worth it enough for me lol.

I mean, technically there's a tiny chance that something like this could happen. Maiden England 13 saw the (re-)release of the original live album, while the new tour wasn't recorded.

Obviously the Future Past tour is going to be recorded and released, from the wording used in the announcement, and I don't see Maiden releasing two live albums (86/87 and 2023). The SOT stuff is going to remain some kind of holy grail. Would be fun though.

Actually after work today I was eating a quick lunch before heading home and the dipshits next to me slammed their door into mine. I guess you jinxed me. :(

Back