New album: The Final Frontier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That the recording period was longer than Seventh Son's. Interesting isn't it?  :D *runs*

Hey you, go to the trivia topic, you might know that question. *kicks Perun's butt to the trivia topic*

That's the official schedule and all expect this to be the album release time. But if it's earlier than that, I'd be smiling for all day long.

Track - list for New album
1."Beyond The Eyes Can See" / Steve Harris/ Adrian Smith, Harris/ 4:17
2."Where No Man Has Gone Before" / Bruce Dickinson/ Smith, Harris/ 5:52
3."Higher And Faster"/ Dickinson, Harris/ Smith, Harris, Murray/ 7:34
4."The Antagonist"/ Harris/ Janick Gers, Harris/ 6:07
5."Longing For Heaven" / Dickinson/ Smith, Harris, Dickinson/ 6:58
6."Murky Space Race"/ Dickinson/ Dickinson, Harris/ 7:36
7."Catastrophe Of A Thousand Light Years"/ Harris/Dave Murray, Harris/ 8:29
8."The Final Frontier"/ Harris/ Gers, Smith, Harris/ 14:09

Man, these fake tracklists are really starting to annoy.

Perun said:
Man, these fake tracklists are really starting to annoy.

I don't know, I still get a laugh every time I see "Murky Space Race" or "Catastrophe of a Thousand Light Years."

plz don't take me thread too seriously,

THE FINAL FRONTIER (IRON MAIDEN)

1. Malfunctioned Penis (Gers, Harris) -- 3.21
2. King Of Masturbation (Gers) -- 21.30
3. Underutilized Sperms (Harris) -- 1.34
4. Adam Lambert Is My Girlfriend (Gers, Dickinson, Harris) -- 6.53
5. Boobs of Sunshine (Harris) -- 15.41
6. We'll Fart You (McBrain, Gers) -- 1.89
7. The Final Frontier (Gers) -- 3.24
8. Hungry For Your Semen (Gers) -- 45.32

.. just kidding haha .. actually it's really painful waiting for the confirmed tracklist for The Final Frontier arghhhhh!!!

I wonder what this means for the tour?  Having the album come out after the tour seems strange, the people won't know the songs, unless they just only play one or two "teaser" tracks on the tour.  But if that is the case, then why call it the "The Final Frontier Tour?"  Also, IMO, it should be called "The Final Frontour."

@chaos:

Forostar said:
Enjoy your best-of / history tour gig, North Americans*. Looks like the 2011 gigs will be different, with more new songs from the new album.

- - - - - - -

Says vocalist Bruce Dickinson, "We really wanted to get out and play some shows before the release of the new album later this year, so we thought what better way to kick off the tour than by going back to Canada and the USA where fans gave us such a fantastic reception during our last tour in 2008! We were astounded to see so many thousands of fans packing out the venues, so this time round we will be playing a few more cities we haven't visited for some time, like Dallas, Saskatoon, Detroit, Denver and Pittsburgh, though logistically we couldn't get to a few places we really like to play, which is a shame. It's also great news that our friends DREAM THEATER are able to join us as special guests."

"We're still working on the set list for these summer shows, but this time it will cover the whole history of the band, and I can hint that we will be playing a taster from the new album. We already have the designs for the new Final Frontier stage show which we are building to bring out with us, so this summer tour will be a bit of a preview for the fans. It's certainly looking very spectacular at this stage and with a brand new Eddie and an amazing light show!"

* plus the people who go to the July or August (pre-release dated) European gigs this summer.

Awesome, thank you!
I apologize for this being a double post; i'm just curious if there has been any mention on the production of the album?  I'm particularly curious to know if this new album will go "unmastered" like the previous one.

chaosapiant said:
I wonder what this means for the tour?  Having the album come out after the tour seems strange, the people won't know the songs, unless they just only play one or two "teaser" tracks on the tour.  But if that is the case, then why call it the "The Final Frontier Tour?"  Also, IMO, it should be called "The Final Frontour."

In combination with what Foro posted, I'd add this:

It will be very much like the Gimme Ed tour in 2003...

a. That tour covered the whole history of the band, including one Blaze era song (The Clansman) and one or two reunion era songs (The Wicker Man at all shows, Brave New World at most but not all).

b. That tour was just before Dance Of Death was released, and Maiden played Wildest Dreams.

Edit: Maiden may be avoiding the "Final Frontour" name because it might give the (hopefully wrong!) idea that this is their final tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back