Most tortured rhyme in a Maiden song?

BTW, premising that they've never been great lyricists...

"Climb like a monkey"

Jesus Christ
Well I always liked a lot of Steve´s lyrics. They are quite thought provoking sometimes.

Almost 9 years after release, I still couldn´t get past the "Climb like a monkey" verse. It´s on par with lirycs to Charlotte and sounds so stupid.

Anyways for Charlotte... I prefer Paul´s spin on the song from later years:

Just stellar!!!

Not a rhyme exactly but a really poor repetition of a poorly chosen word:
"In this war, things get so confused / But there are some things which cannot be excused" ("The Edge of Darkness")

I hate when I’m just sitting around and all of a sudden…..things get so confused

Edit: Also, while not a rhyme “ now we need to know the truth now” is top-flight Steve jamming words into shit to make a riff work.

superfluous nows pop up a lot, but repeating it in the same line lol

I always thought that while the music itself in 'The Assassin' was really cool, technical and mood-evoking, the lame gang vocals chorus and verse lyrics leave a lot to be desired.
In particular, I always despised the final lines of;

'I feel adrenalin rush
It's just the final touch

You can kiss your ass goodbye'

Rhyming 'rush' and 'touch' is weak, and how Bruce sings the final high-pitched 'good-byeee-eeeee-eeeeeee' is a little cringe-worthy.

Not a rhyme but in Wild Wind..

"they only fill us with the STUFF that they want"

I hate that. Stuff?! Feels like a temporary filler line that was meant to be replaced. Can't you say "fill us with the lies that they want" or something
Lol yes, sounds absolutely like a placeholder.

Back