Most Important Iron Maiden Member is Steve Harris

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This Survivor keeps getting dumber. I'm voting for Bruce.

This survivor was dead on arrival. I'm just playing because I don't really know why. I'm most certainly not taking it seriously, though.

Since I have no clue how to approach this survivor (other than knowing that I'd rather dye my hair than ever vote for Adrian), I use the following methodology:
I imagine posting a picture of myself with the various Maiden members on my Facebook wall and predict the response. Posting a picture of me next to Dave or Jan would generate something like 6 likes and 2 comments, at least one of which would say "Aww, your aunt looks good!"

*ducks for tomatoes*

Adrian Smith.

Because:
- my love for Maiden started, developed and kept going while he was not in the band
- Maiden made great albums without him
- a concert without Dave is unthinkable

Dave.

The fact of the matter is, his contribution to the band is not that incredible anymore. His solos started to sound the same after the Reunion and he has written way less songs than Adrian. He has the sentimental value of being there since the beginning, but in this day and age, he's more expendable than Adrian.

The trio of Steve-Adrian-Bruce is the creative force of this band after the Reunion.

Perhaps, but I said it with panache! (And a Billy Madison reference...):D

Pretty sure Stardust was referencing Billy Madison as well, because the rant you quoted starts with "What you've just said".

Last edited:
Murray. Then Adrian. Then I'm genuinely not sure between Steve and Bruce, even though I'm confident Steve will win.

Tell me why these people hate the Powerdave?

Steve's creativity is my only gripe with him, "lately". Without Adrian, Bruce and Dave(!) we'd have albums full of No More Lies, Red and the Blacks and When the Wild Winds. Rehashed and repetitive material. Thank you very much. But I am still not voting for 'Arry.

Steve's creativity is my only gripe with him, "lately". Without Adrian, Bruce and Dave(!) we'd have albums full of No More Lies, Red and the Blacks and When the Wild Winds. Rehashed and repetitive material. Thank you very much. But I am still not voting for 'Arry.

Steve doesn't only work on songs he writes by himself you know.

Top 6
Nicko McBrain
06. Janick Gers
The forum is getting rid of the new guys first I see...
Since I have no clue how to approach this survivor (other than knowing that I'd rather dye my hair than ever vote for Adrian), I use the following methodology:
I imagine posting a picture of myself with the various Maiden members on my Facebook wall and predict the response. Posting a picture of me next to Dave or Jan would generate something like 6 likes and 2 comments, at least one of which would say "Aww, your aunt looks good!"
When's the bit where you explain your methodology?
Photo of Ariana & Bruce Dickinson
COMMENT: Is that you and Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden?
ARIANA: Yes.
COMMENT: Cool. Where did you meet him?
ARIANA: At an airport.

Photo of Ariana & Steve Harris
COMMENT: Who's that old rock dude in the picture with you?
ARIAN: Steve Harris.
COMMENT: The guy from Iron Maiden?
ARIANA: Bassist & founding member.
COMMENT: Cool. Where did you meet him?
ARIANA: Met him after a British Lion gig.
COMMENT: Pretty nice that he met fans and you got that photo.

Photo of Ariana & Adrian Smith
COMMENT: Who's that old rock dude in the picture with you?
ARIANA: Adrian Smith.
COMMENT: I don't know who that is. Someone famous I assume?
ARIANA: Adrian Smith is the guitarist in Iron Maiden.
COMMENT: I thought they had loads of guitarists?
ARIANA: He's the main one. Have I not mentioned him on here before?
COMMENT: No. Where did you meet him?
ARIANA: On holiday.
COMMENT: That photo looks like the Bahamas. Photo looks quite old actually.
COMMENT: Why did he have his guitar with him? That's odd.
COMMENT: Wait, did you photoshop that?!

I'm going to cry when someone leaves the game. Not sure who though.

Last edited:
The trio group of Steve-Adrian-Bruce-Janick is the creative force of this band after the Reunion.

FTFY.

Total number of songs written since the reunion = 52

Total writing credits since the reunion per band member:

Steve - 46
Bruce - 23
Adrian - 23
Gers - 13
Murray - 7
Nicko - 1

...that would be my list in order.

FTFY.

Total number of songs written since the reunion = 52

Total writing credits since the reunion per band member:

Steve - 46
Bruce - 23
Adrian - 23
Gers - 13
Murray - 7
Nicko - 1

...that would be my list in order.

But you're saying this with just the reunion in mind. There's more to the band than just the reunion of course. Which is why I'm genuinely not sure whether to vote Bruce for his crossover appeal or Steve for his overall larger contributions to the band.

But you're saying this with just the reunion in mind. There's more to the band than just the reunion of course.

Indeed, I was just going off of Flash's statement. I do think that looking solely at the reunion is a pretty good way to gage current importance, though. To judge any band member we have to judge them by their current output and performance, not their output since 1979 nor their performance in 1984. All that matters for relevance is current operations and thus using the reunion as a barometer makes sense to me (and apparently Flash as well).

Based on the entirety of the band's career, Steve Harris is without a single doubt the most important member.

Back