Most Important Iron Maiden Member is Steve Harris

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Adrian bias is strong in this one.

Voted for Nicko because in my opinion Dave and H have contributed more to an essential Maiden guitar sound than Nicko has to a defining drum sound.

The Adrian bias is strong in this one.

Voted for Nicko because in my opinion Dave and H have contributed more to an essential Maiden guitar sound than Nicko has to a defining drum sound.

you're crazy i say! voting for adrian because he's not half the man Nicko is and he looks soooooo serious up there! why so serious?haha!

This is easily the most divisive thread ever to exist in the history of forums.

This entire thread:
qcgtyllMthBL2.gif

This is a silly survivor. But anyway:

I love Nicko McBrain and I think he contributed a lot to the direction of the band. However, that was in 1983 and I think the band knows how to write for that style by now. IMO, the least important member can be defined by two things: 1) who contributes the least to the songwriting, and 2) who contributes the least to the overall sound of the band. Nicko has only written one song in his entire career with the band and, although I believe a strong drummer with personal style is highly important to a band, I think Steve drives the rhythm and that melody is more important in Maiden's music (and obviously has nothing to do with Nicko).
If not for Nicko, Maiden may have shifted to double bass, which would have drowned out the melodies and harmonies and not allowed the music to breath as it does. I think Nicko provides massive impact on each and every song. Especially POM, AMOLAD, TFF and BOS.
I think it's obvious that Janick is the least significant member, and then it would be Dave or Smith, probably Smith.

Which is kinda funny because Maiden is a guitar heavy band. It just seems that each guitarist is expendable where as Harris and Dickinson are unique and not so expendable.
Although, I think Halford, Kiske, Jorn, and Dio could have perhaps done a fantastic job with Maiden.
But, I want maiden to sound like maiden, not JP, Helloween/Unisonic, MasterPlan or Dio.

Harris makes Maiden sound like Maiden, but, in a way it seems that Harris has started to allow Maiden to explore new things, making AMOLD, TFF, BOS so great.

Dave again. I love the sound of his guitar, but in writing terms, I don't think as much of what he's brought to the table over the past few albums. Janick, on the other hand, has been at least in part responsible for several of my favourite Maiden songs overall. I'm no drumming expert by any means, but I'd hesitate to vote for Nicko at this stage. I'm not sure how well another drummer would slot in there.

There have been hundreds of inane, pointless threads and "survivor" games on this forum. Which isn't a complaint, by the way. But I have to say, this might be the most inane and pointless of them all. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Back