Most Important Iron Maiden Member is Steve Harris

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
Time to settle this :D I'll do this in classic Survivor style, vote for the member you think is the least important :D

This is a silly survivor. But anyway:

I love Nicko McBrain and I think he contributed a lot to the direction of the band. However, that was in 1983 and I think the band knows how to write for that style by now. IMO, the least important member can be defined by two things: 1) who contributes the least to the songwriting, and 2) who contributes the least to the overall sound of the band. Nicko has only written one song in his entire career with the band and, although I believe a strong drummer with personal style is highly important to a band, I think Steve drives the rhythm and that melody is more important in Maiden's music (and obviously has nothing to do with Nicko).

But it doesn't matter anyway cause we all know Nicko and Adrian are leaving the band following their final gig at Wacken.

Are we talking about in their current incarnation or as a general collective throughout the ages?

Have you Janick voters heard the latest Maiden album?
Janick is awesome and brings an important sound to Maiden. But what Dave brings to the band is slightly more important. I said in the other thread, in a band with 3 lead guitarists, Dave is the lead out of all them.

Janick is awesome and brings an important sound to Maiden. But what Dave brings to the band is slightly more important. I said in the other thread, in a band with 3 lead guitarists, Dave is the lead out of all them.

I love Davey, but at this point in their career he contributes a solo every now and again and one song per album at best. Sure, his tone is a part of the Maiden sound, but I do not believe that without his sound the band would stop being Iron Maiden. He basically contributes solos. Despite being a guitar player and loving guitar solos, the guitar solo is the least important part of a Maiden song.

Here's my serious list of the importance of Maiden members, from least to most important:

- Nicko
- Dave
- Janick
- Adrian
- Bruce
- Steve
- Rod

What has Dave actually brought to the band in the last 15 years compared to the other members? I don't mean to bash him, it's great that he's still in the band and he's an important member, but Janick/Adrian make up half of the band's creative direction since the reunion tour. Their solos and songwriting have pretty much defined the last few albums. How is Janick least important when he penned the classics of the reunion era?? :nuts2:

Back