More to meet the eye....

NigelTufnel said:
Where did you find that pic, Prisoner? I got a masive chubby seeing it!!

That was great haha I found it on another forum unfortunately I couldn't get a bigger version of it or I would have gotten a poster made.

The moral of Commando is that Alyssa Milano was just as cute and hot BEFORE fake boobs as after.

... She... was... 13... at the time...

BOT:

0180-0902-0410-3053_tusle.gif

0180-0902-0410-4112_2-ravage.gif

Who cares, she is 6 months older than I am which didn't make me a pedophile then..... or now.  :p

Yep, that's Devastator alright.

Onhell said:
I don't. I like morality tales, in fact what I hate about american cinema is that most movies DON'T have one and are nothing but mindless action movies... Nothing Wrong with that, Commando is AMAZING :D

I like morality tales...but I hate the sheer amount of mainly-US films (well, they do make nearly all the films now anyway) that attempt to throw them in all the time, its like its impossible for them to write a script or story without one. Sometimes I want mindless action, sometimes I want simplicity, Transformers is one of those times.
Or maybe I'm getting confused with the excessive use of happy endings, I don't know. I know that I'm getting sick of the repetitive style of something in US film-making at least.

I know I do hate the current modern styles used in films, I kind of miss the old, more simply made films, thinking back to films like Cromwell or Bullitt. Its easy for me to blame the over-use of CGI, but its not just that, its also the way the sound effects are used, the acting, the scripting, etc. But then again, I think I'm just getting sick of the popular tastes which would happen if they still filmed like they did back in the 70s.

That I can agree with. I too am sick of the predictable happy ending, modern "shaky camera" filming style and the overuse of CGI. I love watching old films with models, puppets and good make up. They look more convincing at times. I'm sure I've said this on here before, but I don't understand how Jurassic Park (circa 1994) has better CGI than 99.9% of TODAY'S films! Where are is the budget going? the actor's paycheck?

Onhell said:
That I can agree with. I too am sick of the predictable happy ending, modern "shaky camera" filming style and the overuse of CGI. I love watching old films with models, puppets and good make up. They look more convincing at times. I'm sure I've said this on here before, but I don't understand how Jurassic Park (circa 1994) has better CGI than 99.9% of TODAY'S films! Where are is the budget going? the actor's paycheck?

Its because they used CGI in moderation, which is how it should be used. They still used automations and puppets in certain scenes which helped a lot.

I agree, as hokey as some Sinbad movies look now, I still find the claymation more appealing than a lot of the CGI used today.

And I thought I was alone with those sentiments... Jurassic Park is indeed the only film I know where the CGI actually looks real.

D%N said:
Actually. most people I know (at least near my age) feel the same way.

It's cause geezers can't see that well!!  Ha ha, j/k-- I think we are the same age...

CGI is cheaper than models and such for modern sci-fi productions.  But Jurassic Park used it in just the right tense.  Plus, they spent a hell of a lot more time and money on the CG for Jurassic Park as they have for any other movie since - because both Spielberg and Lucas wanted the CGI to be bloody perfect.  It is starting to show it's age - watch a DVD of Jurassic Park on HD TV and you will see some errors, a lower resolution, than today's CGI has, but it has stood up far better than most computer graphics.

Jurassic Park was "the first" movie that really featured CGi in a prominent way...

And it did so to perfection...

But I think we, in all fairness, must mention the sequels... which was... dubious, at best...

Yeah, one day, I'm 30 and the next thing I know, I'm celebrating 36.  Weird how time flies!

Tuesday.  I am, however, thinking strongly of celebrating it Saturday.  No kids, no work, just a night to go and party!!  Tho, I may just stay home, drink beer, grill some brats and watch the Shootout...

Speaking of the Shootout, they should have a NASCAR car be a Transformer.... they had Mirage back in the day but he was an Indy car. That would be sweet if they were running a race and all of the sudden one of the cars transformed and picked up the 48 and 24 cars and chucked them off of the track.

Yeah, he's the one that would have a transforming car.... hey:

According to Wiki, the big ass mother kicking Prime's ass at the end of the trailer that played during the Super Bowl (and what MAJ put up a few posts ago, is 1 Constructicon..... 1! Says he's a Terex O&K RH 400 Hydraulic Mining Excavator. If that's just one Constructicon then holy shit for Devastator!

Back