More to meet the eye....

Deano

Ancient Mariner
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen will be released this summer (in the US anyway) on June 26. The first official movie trailer will be played sometime during the Super Bowl on February 1.

Rumors are abound but 2 of the more exciting characters that are all but confirmed to be in this movie are:

stormbringerjetfire.jpg

and

Devastator.jpg

So, it seems that this installment will be a better attempt at getting more actual Transformers into the film.... not that the first one was bad at all but.. well, you know.

Discuss at will!

and... if you'd like to check some information:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1055369/

I am really excited about that!!  This movie may be the reason that I buy a Blu-ray player.  I have the first on in HD, and I loved it.  I have heard lots of rumors about this movie-- I can't wait!!

Yeah, me too. I'm going to edit my original post to include a link for anyone who wants to check it out.

Yay!  :D

As many may expect, I am extremely excited for this particular movie.  PS, you missed one of the big ones there, Deano:

soundwave-robot.jpg

True LC, I am excited for that too but the verdict seems to be cloudy on exactly what form he will take. I hope it's at least close to the original.

I really hope by the third installment, they put this guy in there too:

shockwave.jpg

...for great plot effects. He was always good for some serious drama.

Don't know why I spoiler tagged it but I'll leave it like that for the time-being anyway.

With the third one, I think they've chosen something wildly different, after years of discussion of what to do with him.  I can understand how difficult it would be.  They seem to be going the Megatron route - leaving him in his "foreign" transformed mode.

I have to admit I was alittle disappointed with the first one. It was'nt a bad movie, but it was missing something. Hopefully what you guys put in the spoilers will be true. I did'nt like the version of Megatron in the movie.

I did'nt like the version of Megatron in the movie.

If the rumors are true, he isn't even in this one. Good riddance! I've always thought Starscream should be the leader of the Decepticons (hell, of ALL Transformers) anyway.

I wish they would put Shockwave in. He was badass!! HA HA HA, I just saw your spoiler tag, Deano! Bravo!! Hey man was'nt Dino Bravo a wrestler? Gee I made a funny!

Yeah, I think he was. Cool, I never put that together before.

Just like Maiden never playing Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner live, I'm sure Bay will never put this Transformer in a movie, but it would be cool:

r_perceptor016.jpg

He was one of my favorites when he came out, he just seemed to be built better than the other ones. Anyone remember?

Speaking of releases, I see poster for The Watchmen everywhere now... guess it is getting out after all.

Yeah... I don't think it was an issue of releasing it as much as an issue of who actually owned the rights to it (Warner vs Fox, if I remember correctly).  CFH could state for sure, but it is going ahead as planned.

The Watchmen was the shit back in the 80's. Hope they don't fuck it up. I don't know what was the better graphic novel, The Watchmen or The Dark Knight Returns. Man I'd wish they'd make that one into the next Batman flick!! I guess OnHell is right when he calls us NERDS!!

Hell yeah it's Perceptor!

I hope to the Holy Duality that Soundwave isn't a fucking truck in this movie. Hell, I'd be happier if he were a refrigerator.

What I heard about Soundwave is that he is going to be a Cybertronian satellite, or something similar.  About communications, thematically.  But there's just no way you could do him as he was in the comics.....most kids would say, "WTF is a tape deck!"

Back