More European Dates Confirmed

Steve absolutely has a say in whether or not Maiden does 2 US/Canada dates or 20. There's no way they are only doing 2 Florida dates without his approval, yay or nay.

He has clearly said nay, as far as we know, to more US tour dates.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
I would still be interested in hearing their reason for it.

1z1tixc.gif

This?  (the sign, not Bruce's action)

The album went to platinum in Finland and the stadium gig hasn't even sold out the field yet.  Album success =/= definitive tour success.

LooseCannon said:

Did he? In any case I'll be totally surprised if US /Canada will be represented by only two dates in Florida. I would expect one NY, one CA show and one show somewhere in Canada (Montreal or Toronto)

I'm hoping and praying for something in midwest US...

Honestly, I would have rather had the upcoming album tour then the summer tour they did. It will be rather disappointing if they don't return for at least a few shows spread out.. maybe hit up both coasts, and one or two in the middle/midwest? Wouldn't take no more than two weeks or so.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a winter tour in North America, after a few months off after the European/UK tour. I would also not be surprised to see a few (not a full tour, but a few) more North American dates after the Florida ones.

LooseCannon said:
Steve absolutely has a say in whether or not Maiden does 2 US/Canada dates or 20. There's no way they are only doing 2 Florida dates without his approval, yay or nay.

Did you hear/read this in an interview or do you just deduce it from the tour announcements we already have?

I know this is a "European dates thread", but it seems the' possibility of more N.A dates' topic is heating up here.  Please let it be.  It isn't just me who thinks giving us only El Dorado and nothing more of a FF tour seems weird.  Good. I hope the band is looking at that fact, and determine to give their loving, adoring, faithful fans of the U.S and Canada a REAL Final Frontier experience.  PLEASE!!

Invader said:
1z1tixc.gif

This?  (the sign, not Bruce's action)

The album went to platinum in Finland and the stadium gig hasn't even sold out the field yet.  Album success =/= definitive tour success.

I was at that show when the Play Classics sign got ripped up. Quite frankly the mood of the arena was pretty somber during the AMOLAD portion. It is just a heavy relentless album, and it was not necessarily a good idea to play the whole thing.

I don't have a problem with Maiden focusing on their new stuff, but for the AMOLAD tour and this past summer's TFF tour they put all of the older songs at the very end.  If they would just mix-up the setlist better and maybe play some rarer songs I think audiences might enjoy the shows more. It seems like Maiden is trying to piss all but the most die-hard fans off.

Personally I think it takes a set of great big brass balls to play an entire album that is brand new, because the band thought it was that good.  Iron Maiden are delivering the best metal in the world, and I don't want them compromising for me, or anyone else.  I wish I could have seen the AMOLAD tour.  I love that album, and it deserved to be played.  Granted, I also think that a full album of TFF live would blow even that out of the water.  Iron Maiden are the definition of the term "living legend."  As in, not just "alive" but well, relevant, and still have a passion for making new music, and improving on their old formulas. 

Habberdasher said:
I don't have a problem with Maiden focusing on their new stuff, but for the AMOLAD tour and this past summer's TFF tour they put all of the older songs at the very end.  If they would just mix-up the setlist better and maybe play some rarer songs I think audiences might enjoy the shows more. It seems like Maiden is trying to piss all but the most die-hard fans off.

And at my show the crowd was just as much into Dance of Death and Brave New World as they were into The Number of the Beast and Fear of the Dark.  I think in your post you pretty much answered why there's only two US dates so far.  If the audience doesn't like what they play, then they change the audience, not the setlist.

Bah. What I meant was: if the only US/Canada dates are 2 in Florida, then Steve definitely helped make that call.

It's at the point where we're actually considering a drive to Monterrey.

Invader said:
And at my show the crowd was just as much into Dance of Death and Brave New World as they were into The Number of the Beast and Fear of the Dark.  I think in your post you pretty much answered why there's only two US dates so far.  If the audience doesn't like what they play, then they change the audience, not the setlist.

That was true at the show I saw as well. But there were a couple of times when the momentum died out. DoD was great but Breeg followed by These Colours there was a lull. Blood Brothers was great and then the same thing happened with Wildest Dreams into No More Lies. Throw an older song between Breeg and These Colours and/or between Wildest / NML, like they did by inserting Wrathchild up front and you've got a great show. They could even use the same setlist, just jumbled up. By saving all of the so-called classics to the end it is almost like Maiden is acknowledging that they are the "better" songs.

Man, if you decide such a thing take a car and go to Mexico, I want definitely to be in this car. A hell of a road trip, that's right.  :rocker: As I'm already planning a road trip with Dean, maybe this could be that trip. Hell. Wasted could join too! Once in a lifetime, dude!

Habberdasher said:
That was true at the show I saw as well. But there were a couple of times when the momentum died out. DoD was great but Breeg followed by These Colours there was a lull. Blood Brothers was great and then the same thing happened with Wildest Dreams into No More Lies. Throw an older song between Breeg and These Colours and/or between Wildest / NML, like they did by inserting Wrathchild up front and you've got a great show. They could even use the same setlist, just jumbled up. By saving all of the so-called classics to the end it is almost like Maiden is acknowledging that they are the "better" songs.

They used Fear of the Dark, Hallowed Be Thy Name and Iron Maiden on SBIT at the end or near the end of the show, and that's because they've always been crowd favourites.  I'd say that Wrathchild felt more out of place than any of the reunion songs except Wildest Dreams; though I'd agree that Wildest Dreams could have been maybe one slot earlier and replaced by Wasted Years, The Evil That Men Do or similar. 

Eddies Wingman said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they do a winter tour in North America, after a few months off after the European/UK tour.

If they do, it will be small. NY/LA and a few other cities.

When Maiden launches a major US tour, it's in the summer at outdoor venues. Been that way for many years now. They don't do major arena tours here anymore.

Edit: the above might not apply to Canada. I haven't paid close attention to their touring habits up there.

Another edit for the hell of it:
I'm strongly considering going to one of the Florida shows. I have family out there, and may do it as part of a larger vacation. I should know for sure by the end of the month.

Back