More European Dates Confirmed

GuineaPig

Ancient Mariner
Germany gets an arena tour.  The first since Dance of Death, I believe.

MAY
Sat 28 - Frankfurt, GERMANY Festhalle
Sun 29 - Oberhausen, GERMANY Kopi Arena
Tue 31 - Munich, GERMANY Olympiahalle

JUNE
Thur 2 - Hamburg, GERMANY o2 World
Fri 3 - Berlin, GERMANY o2 World
Tue 7 - Stuttgart, GERMANY Schleyerhalle
Wed 8 - Arnhem, THE NETHERLANDS Gerledome
Mon 27 - Paris, FRANCE Bercy

Do I dare to hope for more U.S. dates -- and another Southern California show -- in late April or early May? 

<i>Do I dare to hope for more U.S. dates</i>

While I am also hoping, it is looking more and more unlikely, especially after these new European dates just announced.

With the exception of the two Florida dates (which is just a huge tease for the rest of us xD), I bet the only Iron Maiden we get for the next few years is what we already got in the summer of 2010 =(

Hehe, seeing Maiden in Berlin is cool, but seeing Berlin can even top that!  ;) I'm looking forward to it.

national acrobat said:
Am I right in thinking you've never seen Maiden in Berlin?

Damn, it was too obvious.  :innocent: Are you coming along?

Tyek1230 said:
<i>Do I dare to hope for more U.S. dates</i>

While I am also hoping, it is looking more and more unlikely, especially after these new European dates just announced.

With the exception of the two Florida dates (which is just a huge tease for the rest of us xD), I bet the only Iron Maiden we get for the next few years is what we already got in the summer of 2010 =(
Next few years? I bet they'll be back either next year or 2012 with another history type tour. Hopefully for Maiden England. Also, I'm still hoping for the slight possibility of some fall dates for TFF tour.

OK, Americans. Check the tour dates. There is a gap between 17. April and 28. May. That is almost one and a half months. Seeing how the 17. April date is in the US, there's a pretty big chance that a couple of North American dates are going to be announced in that slot.

GuineaPig said:
But the UK dates are the last for the tour.
Unless Maiden change their mind and decide to do a N.A. fall tour.
Perun said:
OK, Americans. Check the tour dates. There is a gap between 17. April and 28. May. That is almost one and a half months. Seeing how the 17. April date is in the US, there's a pretty big chance that a couple of North American dates are going to be announced in that slot.
That's a very good possibility unless Maiden want to use it for some time off.

GuineaPig said:
Wed 8 - Arnhem, THE NETHERLANDS Gerledome

Wow. First Dutch football stadium gig since 1988. Should be quite an experience.
I have never seen a band in a stadium before.

Capacity: 34,000. Biggest gig they've ever done in the Netherlands.

By the way: it's Gelredome, not Gerledome.

I just want to point out that I don't generally consider the only source that says those are all the NA dates to be credible. A website moderator is NOT a source of information close to the band. I am not a source of information of what might happen on Maidenfans.com tomorrow. That's not my job.

There are seven people on this earth who have a monopoly on what's going to happen with Iron Maiden.

I will say this. After how well it sold and charted, if Maiden doesn't tour here to fully support the album, they better have a damn good reason since they toured here for AMOLAD and did the ENTIRE album.

Perun said:

I hope you're right, though I fear it is more likely they'll take a break and/or add more European shows before May 28, rather than fill that gap with another North American tour. 
Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
I will say this. After how well it sold and charted, if Maiden doesn't tour here to fully support the album, they better have a damn good reason since they toured here for AMOLAD and did the ENTIRE album.

Aw, they've earned the right to do what they want.  It would be disappointing not to hear any of the new songs live, but I don't blame them if they stay away from North America until 2012.  They're old enough they can only do so much touring.  Still, one can hope...

The U.S. doesn't sell well for album tours.  The last time they've done one greater than 12 dates is BNW.

With all the gained popularity over the last 10 years, I'm sure a full U.S. tour would do quite well.
Also, it would be nice to see attendance figures to see how well they actually do.

Back