Moonchild

How good is Moonchild on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Moonchild

Albie said:
I love this track, I love this album.

I share this emotion. I'm probably going to give out more 10s on this album than any other (I think I gave Powerslave 3). This song has it all. It is dark and dramatic and I have no clue why anyone would rate it anywhere below 8. Great lyrics, and Bruce's delivery of those lyrics is classic. This song kicked a lot of arse in 2008. However, there are three songs I feel are better on the album, four that are its equal and one which is weaker. So it is a 9.

This is as energetic as it is catchy. One of the most powerful songs the band has ever made, a true monster, and a great live song. The instrumental section drags it down a bit IMO, because it just isn't all that special. But then, what does that mean, anyway? 9/10.

There are no less than 5 songs on this album I like better. 2 on side A, 3 on side B. I agree with Invader that Maiden made better openers. And indeed, the instrumental section is less than most other songs Maiden made in this era. Still it's pretty good, because of its energy, Bruce's dramatic performance and nice melodies in the chorus.

A low 7 and a half, thus a 7.

It was great hearing this live, not least becuase it was so unexpected. Fantastic on record too, but like Foro I think there are a handful of better tracks on the album. 7/10

I think there are 4 better songs than this on the album but I'm still gonna give it a 9. The acoustic intro is almost enough to give it that alone but the rest of the song is fantastic too. The chorus is great, as is the solo. Bruce's annunciation isn't great but that's the only issue.

I think this is very much in the middle of the pack when it comes to album openers. it lacks a killer chorus and the instrumental section aint great. daves solo is pretty cool though

8/10

Hearing this on the Somewhere Back in Time tour was the reason I really started liking this song. The acoustic intro is great (as an album opener as well). Has great lyrics, and Bruce delivers it in the way that he only knows how. The instrumental section isn't something to write about, but I really like the chorus and verses. 9/10.

The intro /album opener is brilliant, Bruce's performance the same and there is a breathtaking crescendo which leads to the huge 'one more dies and one more lives...' part. Ah! the lyrics are fantastic as well. Nevertheless, I agree with the previous posters; there are at least 5 better songs than this one, in the album. 9/10
;)

7 out of 10... Never a particular favorite. I remember at the SBIT show thinking that this just shouldn't have made the setlist. Great solos, but the chorus leaves me flat...

Great album opener that sets the scene just right, not amazing by itself though. 8/10.

One of Maiden's greatest openers, it just keeps rocking from the beginning to the end. It loses one point to perfection because i feel that chorus isn't on same level of excellence as other parts of the song.

8. The opening of this album couldn't be more perfect, setting the tone for the mystic and provoking theme they brought to the album. Love Bruce's performance, playing the carachter. What a beginning! :edmetal:

Another great opener. The opening riff and vocals are great and the solos are, as always, awesome. 10/10

It's not that I don't like keyboards, but the beginning of the song is really boring. Other than that, another fantastic opener, with amazing vocals by Bruce. 8/10.

Back