Moments you thought Maiden were ridiculous and embarrassing

I know it's all a matter of taste, but I never liked Bruce's hairstyle in the 80's and early 90's. Just not a fan of bangs. Makes me think of He-Man or something lol

Not to open up a can of worms or have a pop at anybody or where they come from..but their insistence on bringing out a British flag, Union Jack, in Ireland and N. Ireland is so far beyond embarrassing and cringe it borders on complete and utter stupidity. I've been to all gigs in Ireland and N. Ireland since '03 (which was a complete disaster when they did it), and fair enough things have eased off since..but all it takes is one drunk to set any kind of incident off.. (Belfast 2011 they scrapped the trooper as altogether as far as I recall). 2005 in the RDS Dublin as far as I remember there was no flag but Bruce ranted for ages about how they were doing the flag every visit after....The stupidity and arrogance ( i get they are rockstars) to not understand the history of waving that particular flag in Ireland and then to lecture, a crowd mainly full of Irish people about it, was and is an embarrassment. I'm not opening up an argument now, I love maiden and always will and am not an Irish republican shooting down Britain. I love both and life's too short for such nonsense. Plus, the climb like a monkey thing was by far the most embarrassing thing they've ever done :) peace out

Not to open up a can of worms or have a pop at anybody or where they come from..but their insistence on bringing out a British flag, Union Jack, in Ireland and N. Ireland is so far beyond embarrassing and cringe it borders on complete and utter stupidity. I've been to all gigs in Ireland and N. Ireland since '03 (which was a complete disaster when they did it), and fair enough things have eased off since..but all it takes is one drunk to set any kind of incident off.. (Belfast 2011 they scrapped the trooper as altogether as far as I recall). 2005 in the RDS Dublin as far as I remember there was no flag but Bruce ranted for ages about how they were doing the flag every visit after....The stupidity and arrogance ( i get they are rockstars) to not understand the history of waving that particular flag in Ireland and then to lecture, a crowd mainly full of Irish people about it, was and is an embarrassment. I'm not opening up an argument now, I love maiden and always will and am not an Irish republican shooting down Britain. I love both and life's too short for such nonsense. Plus, the climb like a monkey thing was by far the most embarrassing thing they've ever done :) peace out
Agreed, however, the Dublin rant in 2005 (been to that gig) lasting for ages was mainly because Steves amp broke down.

Back