Metallica

They're not visiting my country as far as I'm aware, and article about American heavy metal band donating to Romanian hospital, in a newspaper that's mainly read in just one region of Croatia, seems PR-pushed.
Oh ok my bad I misunderstood.

Heard Dyer's Eve and even though I know what the song is about I still can't figure out what the title has to do with the lyrics
Because it’s the last commentary from a kid who's about to kill himself and he’s blaming his parents for all of the pain leading to that decision.

What a great summer tour in Europe by Metallica, they played 25 sold out stadium shows

Although the numbers are impressive, not all shows were sold out. ;)

That being said, it is clear that the Black Album made them join the mainstream big time. Good for them.

Last edited:
I am very excited for the S&M2 shows. They played The Outlaw Torn on their last show in Europe so I hope there will be other deep cuts that they played from the first one. I also hope they will represent the albums that they released after '99.

A bit predictable setlist but good nonetheless. Hopefully they change a couple of songs for tomorrow.

Not a mind-blowing set, but must've been cool to see. Seems Outlaw might become a regular addition now, that's good.

What’s with the St. Anger track? Isn’t that one of the worst Metallica songs ever?

What’s with the St. Anger track? Isn’t that one of the worst Metallica songs ever?
I'm a fan of that particular song but I don't understand the decision either. It was an acoustic version which they have played at charity events tho.

The original version ironically has one of the more involved drum parts in a Metallica track. I'd say it's a shame they've decided to exclusively play it acoustically but then again there's no way Lars wouldn't fuck it up real bad like in its original form.

All within my hands sounded fantastic! I am really glad that they decided to record this song for S&M2 album, it will definitely find new fans.

That being said, I liked the setlist for the first S&M show (from '99) much more.

They definitely did some (imo) bad choices regarding the setlist. No Bleeding Me, Of Wolf and Man, Devils Dance or -Human. And what's worse - they wasted two setlist spots for the orchestral covers.

Back