Metallica

Metallica are also releasing a colourful, illustrated and rhyming book called 'The ABCs of Metallica', to be released on November 26th.

abcs-book.jpg

So, I just arrived home fron 'Tallica' s gig and I dare to say it was the most fun I've ever had at a concert. The band was on fire, as expected. Especially James, whose performance was truly incredible. I can't believe how much people criticise him. Sound quality was perfect, but the venue itself wasn't very good. That wasn't much of a problem after all.
Screenshot_20190717_013412_com.android.chrome.jpg

Lars promised they'll come back very soon, I wonder if that means next year. I really doubt that though, since they have now toured in Europe two years in a row. Anyways, one thing is certain: Whenever they come back, I'll be there.

Edit: Or is it 3 years in a row now? I don't even know anymore.

Lars promised they'll come back very soon, I wonder if that means next year. I really doubt that though, since they have now toured in Europe two years in a row. Anyways, one thing is certain: Whenever they come back, I'll be there.

Edit: Or is it 3 years in a row now? I don't even know anymore.

Lars has a habit of saying that at basically every show, and ends up disappointing many :D

They said they were doing Download at Birmingham too and no such thing happened, although apparently they might have cancelled

Broken is the promise, betrayal
The greedy band held back by a secret tale
Follow the band that failed

I finally watched Some Kind Of Monster this weekend after avoiding if all these years. I was afraid it might tarnish my view of one of my favorite bands since my teens and boy was I right. James comes off so immature that instead of going into rehab kindergarten might have been a better choice. Even though I am sure Metallica isn't the only act to do this the Ticketmaster news just adds on to my disillusionment towards the band. Anyway I will always love those first three albums and terrible behavior by the band members won't diminish that.

Just to clarify, you all do understand that it was a rogue associate and the band were uninvolved and unaware (to our current knowledge) right?

You do not know who Tony DiCioccio is, do you?

TONY DICIOCCIO
Board Member
Tony DiCioccio has been a part of the Metallica family for longer than he’d care to remember, dating back to the late ’80s. He is now a key member of the band’s inner circle, serving as a senior strategist and overseeing all facets of their global touring activities and commercial merchandising.
While a student at Regis College (now Regis University) in Denver, Tony worked on the school’s concert board, booking acts such as Dire Straits, Cheap Trick and the P. Funk All Stars to perform at the school. After selling merchandise for touring artists Judas Priest and Diana Ross, Tony was introduced to Q Prime’s Cliff Burnstein and Peter Mensch, and he began handling management and accounting for the touring of two of their clients, Def Leppard and later Metallica.
Subsequently, Tony joined Q Prime in 1989, taking the reins of the touring and merchandising operations for the company’s entire roster.
Originally from Cleveland, Tony is a longtime New York resident; although he and his wife Sheila live a nomadic life between traveling to Metallica HQ and tour dates and trips to Lancaster County, PA and Columbia, SC to visit their two sons’ families, including four grandchildren.

Still not the band, it's still just an associate. It seems very unfair to label the actual band into this scandal. Why would they even need to do this if their manager openly admitted that they charged over £100 purely for greed?

I'm not ready to throw the band under the bus just yet, I'll wait until we get more info, but I'm also not entirely convinced they had no inkling of these shenanigans either. I find it a bit odd there's been no official comment on it yet. Trying to prepare a statement that covers themselves, maybe...?

I'm not ready to throw the band under the bus just yet, I'll wait until we get more info, but I'm also not entirely convinced they had no inkling of these shenanigans either. I find it a bit odd there's been no official comment on it yet. Trying to prepare a statement that covers themselves, maybe...?

Not necessarily, when the Incubus thing happened last year (completely debunked and Metallica cleared of all blame of course) I'm 95% sure there was no official statement from them either, they just let it happen behind the scenes.

Same thing with Mustaine and his announcement of cancer. They never made any official statement, but I have no doubt that they wished him well behind the scenes. I just don't think Metallica always like to make the statements. But who knows? Maybe we'll get one soon

If the band didn't know then DiCioccio must be on the take. It will be telling if he's still involved with Metallica after this.

Not necessarily, when the Incubus thing happened last year (completely debunked and Metallica cleared of all blame of course) I'm 95% sure there was no official statement from them either, they just let it happen behind the scenes.

Same thing with Mustaine and his announcement of cancer. They never made any official statement, but I have no doubt that they wished him well behind the scenes. I just don't think Metallica always like to make the statements. But who knows? Maybe we'll get one soon

I suppose I'm reaching a little, we can only wait and see what occurs. I don't recall the Incubus thing, what happened there?

I suppose I'm reaching a little, we can only wait and see what occurs. I don't recall the Incubus thing, what happened there?

A band called Incubus accused Metallica of stealing the riff from their song Hunger For Power and using it in their song Moth Into Flame, and issued them with a cease and desist order. I think in the end the band members or the manager or something came out and said that it was either a hoax or someone acting rogue and they weren't taking it seriously. The point was it was a massive thing (for a few days only of course) but the band never said a word officially, they just let it slide.

But yeah absolutely, we should just wait and see what happens. I'm not ruling out the possibility that the band weren't involved, I just think we should slow down and not accuse Metallica just because they're Metallica

Back