Metallica

Lars's drumming - it's probably his best performance yet, actually, because instead of going at hyperspeed he's pacing himself better and honing in on his style.
Interesting statement. Even though I'm a huge fan and defender of Lars, I wouldn't ever agree with that.

Hopefully you'll like Reload too.
I've heard from some people that it's the better of the two, and since the material was intended as a double album with this one, I think I know much of what to expect. Unless there's something fundamentally wrong with the material it should be a good album. I remain hopeful.

Interesting statement. Even though I'm a huge fan and defender of Lars, I wouldn't ever agree with that.
My thing with him is that the heavier and faster stuff the band had been doing on the previous albums meant that while he could often keep up, his drum style wasn't as interesting as, say, Nicko or Lombardo. On occasion it almost fell flat. He used his style of drumming to bring out the heaviness on The Black Album but on this release I think he succeeds best because it's a new style of music better fitting for his drumming techniques. I actually think it sounds really good.

Not a fan of Load and Reload. Don’t like the Alice In Chains feel to the songs. I would rather listen to Alice In Chains

I just don't see that, aside from the clean guitar in the verses I can't think of anything in it that really stands out in any positive way.

Great intro and outro, good lyrics, good vocals, I like the drum pattern Lars repeats in the intro and verses as well.

I really like Load and Reload. I also like St. Anger so what do I know?

Lulu is a great Lou Reed album if you are a fan. Metallica just happen to be the backing band. I get that Metallica fans don't like anything that isn't Master Of Puppets II though.

I'm not a Metallica fan, so I wouldn't know: is that album well thought of by fans? I've no idea how much of a blasphemy it is to have it as one of your favorites.

It's thought of as an album that tries to replicate what they've done in the 80s, doesn't quite deliver but still ends up being decent. The production is panned by everyone though.

It's half a step under the black album for me.

I'm not a Metallica fan, so I wouldn't know: is that album well thought of by fans? I've no idea how much of a blasphemy it is to have it as one of your favorites.
You have the same top 2 as I do, just different order.:)
People consider the songwriting to be great, but they hate the production. I'd say that it's the hardcore fanbase's favorite Metallica album since Black album. Casual fans usually tend to like it a bit less.

I'd say my favorites from the album would be "That Was Just Your Life", "Cyanide", "Suicide & Redemption" and "My Apocalypse". Haven't heard the album in ages, so I don't know if something has changed.

My faves are All Nightmare Long (my favorite Metallica song), The Day That Never Comes, That Was Just Your Life and The Judas Kiss. But all of them are great.

I see Death Magnetic similarly to how some people see Maiden's recent albums, good songs, but waaaay too long. Day That Never Comes and All Nightmare Long are particular offenders. Love Judas Kiss and Cyanide however, some of my favourite Metallica riffs in those two.

I'll be interested in hearing what you think about Fixxxer, it is one of the best Metallica songs and I don't know which I like better: The Outlaw Torn or Fixxxer.

Also about Hardwired to Send Destruct, ManUNKind seems to be disliked and I think it's beautiful beyond the intro.

Back