Metallica

It's certainly in the conversation. It's definitely the best Metallica album, the best thrash album, and almost certainly the best American metal album. Can it compare to titans like Paranoid, Heaven & Hell, The Number of the Beast, Stained Class, among others? It definitely holds its own there.
Completely disagree with the first part of your post but I think it's a better album than any of those you mentioned.

You need to move Seek and Destroy up

Agreed. <_<

Leper Messiah... would not be a 10 even if it served me pancakes for breakfast.

Agreed. :lol:

It's definitely the best Metallica album

Disagreed. I agree with most of what Mosh said, although...

Sure the production and performances are better on Puppets...

I much prefer the sound of Ride the Lightning over Master of Puppets, the latter has a really tinny, dry tone that I can't bear.

It's certainly in the conversation. It's definitely the best Metallica album, the best thrash album, and almost certainly the best American metal album. Can it compare to titans like Paranoid, Heaven & Hell, The Number of the Beast, Stained Class, among others? It definitely holds its own there.
One of the better Metallica albums - yes, probably. Best thrash album - certainly not (and is it thrash at all?). Best American metal album - nah.

I much prefer the sound of Ride the Lightning over Master of Puppets, the latter has a really tinny, dry tone that I can't bear.
All four of Metallica's 1980s albums sound like they were recorded inside a tin can. The remaster of 'And Justice For All' does sound a bit fuller though.

No they don't. This music is meant to be blasted out of the speakers. It is not the thing you can listen on cheap headphones with "safe" levels of volume.

I think the production on both RTL and MOP is awesome. The first has a bit of an icy tint to it, and the second is a bit warmer and brings out the abrasiveness of the music better. Both miles above the debut.

And if MOP is mostly a retread of RTL, then it’s one of those cases where a band takes the same concept and pushes forward with it. And yes, I really think that almost every song deserves a 10. You’re free to disagree, obviously, because I know I definitely disagree with you.

I don't think that AJFA is that similar to them. Yes, One is Fade to Black 3, but otherwise I don't agree.

First track on all three albums: melodic interlude that explodes into a fast track,
2nd track: the title track
3rd track: mid paced track
4th track: ballad with heavy parts

side b isn't as strictly the exact same as each other but they all feature filler plus an instrumental (if you turn a blind eye to the lyrics in to live is to die), and towards the end of the album a track nearly as fast as the one that opened the album (creeping death, damage inc., dyer's eve)

Back