Metallica

My favourite part of that article is that Kerry King is bitter that Slayer songs weren't used in the torture sessions.

I wonder if Metallica's live albums were used, because there might be loads of Taliban now thinking they're part of the Metallica family.

I'll bet they played the Live Shit San Diego '92 drum solo over and over again. Hell, maybe they played the guitar and bass solos from the same show just to be extra sure.

I think the point they have in mind when picking music to annoy the enemy is to pick something as Western as possible, rather than pick something that sounds bad.

What's really funny is that U.S. Army used Rage Against the Machine's music.

The performance is very good and James' & Gaga's vocals go together well. (Except for the "Light it up" part)

The only awkward thing was Gaga's dancing.

Every time, without fail, I forget I should really avoid Blabbermouth's comments section, and every time, without fail, I lose a little more faith in humanity.

Nah seriously though I'm glad Lars gave an honest and direct answer to the question rather than evading it altogether. Makes for a far better image than Hetfield's usual "we stay out of politics" line followed by some incredibly terrible comments regarding the use of Metallica's music for torturing people.

Lars isnt a US citizen? Kick em out!!!

Ha. Seriously I wish I was an Australian cit I would be there already.

The Metallica family just announced UK dates for October. I wouldn't mind seeing them at their own show but I know that tickets will sell out in the fanclub presales and I don't like Metallica nearly enough to sign up to their fanclub.

Sounds good live. Apart from Kirk. Nice bluesy lick after the first chorus - missed bends badly, terrible vibrato as usual, and now even missed the solo timing.

Back