Metallica

He is playing to a click. Went to both Chicago shows and he sounded excellent; it’s not edited.

Speaking of not editing, they actually played the post-chorus riff in Battery! I swear they don’t normally do that; I seem to remember them always going straight into the solo after the second chorus.
that's great to hear. Funny thing is I've always liked Lars drumming on the eighties and nineties Metallica albums. When I play drums I genuinely am influenced by his style. I've always liked him even if he started to suck in the 2000s

Watching this. Two notes:

1. playing with any band you never played with before, without former notice, out of the blue is something quite unimaginable for me; with Jordison it's also all the more unbelievable since he has finished the Slipknot set right before. Also, they're all killing it, which is just :oops: Like, I knew Lombardo is a monster, but the other two, just... wow.

2. as people in the comments noticed, James yelling "let Lars hear you" and the crowd chanting DIE! DIE! DIE! is really hilarious

Back