Metallica

Not sure if they really need to keep Sandman still in the setlist.
By the way, have ever gone back to playing it with the same arrangement as on Black Album and those early tours?

Pretty crazy set for Copenhagen today...

1. Whiplash
2. Creeping Death
3. Enter Sandman
4. Harvester of Sorrow
5. Trapped Under Ice
6. Bleeding Me
7. Sad But True
8. Dirty Window
9. Sanitarium
10. For Whom the Bell Tolls
11. Moth Into Flame
12. Fade to Black
13. Seek and Destroy

14. Damage, Inc.
15. One
16. Master of Puppets
This is a monster set. Only three "newer" songs (two of which I have no issue with), Sandman not the closer, and no boring Nothing Else Matters. Harvester? Check. Trapped Under Ice? Awesome. I actually saw them play that in 2000 in Chicago (my first Metallica show) because a guy with cancer had requested it. At that point I don't think they had even played it since the '80s.

Another good one today. I'm not going to spam the forum every gig they do this summer, I just happened to watch a livestream of the show tonight.

1. Whiplash
2. Creeping Death
3. Enter Sandman
4. Harvester of Sorrow
5. Trapped Under Ice
6. Bleeding Me
7. Sad But True
8. Dirty Window
9. Wherever I May Roam
10. For Whom the Bell Tolls
11. Moth Into Flame
12. Sanitarium
13. Seek and Destroy

14. Metal Militia
15. One
16. Master of Puppets

Interesting. I would really like to see some rare cuts from Load, Reload, and Death Magnetic. Dirty Window is cool but really not the track that I would pick from St. Anger.

Definitely a step in the right direction, although personally I would have edited out three whole songs altogether.

I've always kind of liked Sweet Amber, though. It's like a mix of something from Load/Reload with the band's earlier, speedier attitude. Some nice sections in Invisible Kid, too, and the title track was always decent. The album just needed solos and far better mixing.

Somebody must have put this here already, but this is the first time I'm seeing this. Apparently the only Metallica show in history that Lars hasn't played at.

Lombardo on Battery is pretty neat, IMHO. Jordison's no slouch either, considering he does most of the set and allegedly just after he finished playing the set with Slipknot to boot.

Back