Metal with female vocals

I recently discovered a band from the 80s called Chastain, first two albums are a bit mixed quality wise but they have some pretty strong tracks.

Videos in the spoiler below.

I absolutely love Lacuna Coil.

Cristina Scabbia's vocals are perfect. Great band, and absolutely lovely people to meet.

Wow, do I need to make a list here sometime. I only see mainstream and/or well known symphonic and black metal bands. (facepalm) It's not your fault. most good female-fronted stuff is often never advertised properly, if at all. Search more, folks! Try looking in places with more independent content. 96% of everything good with us girls is often NEVER mainstream or on a major label.

Well, apart from Warlock, Halestorm, Battle Beast, Blood Ceremony, Unleash the Archers, Devil's Blood, and these:

But feel free to grace us with your clearly superior knowledge
The first link isn't working for me. Very much liked the Vixen song though. I'm also quite enjoying Blood Ceremony, whom I'd never listened to before.

For me, Halestorm / Battle Beast are the big two and we are getting albums from both this year. Unleash the Archers is on their way there if they continue with the sudden change in quality they've had since Apex. I've also warmed towards Seven Spires, who I learned of from @terrell39 's post. Outside of that and some obvious suspects like Nightwish, a lot of the rest can be fairly described as pop metal which I don't post here largely because I assume not many people are interested.

The first link isn't working for me
Crystal Viper - Forgotten Land. They're essentially a shit-hot NWOBHM band 30 years late and several hundred miles east (from Poland, to be precise). I'm a very big fan, and would heartily recommend their most recent release .

Back