Metal History Book

I played around a bit with the Greek mythology section: Deconstructing albums where it made sense, having sub-categories and including album information. Just to have an idea for how we could format it later on.

EDIT: Two albums are too varied in their subjects to deconstruct them, because we would have a lot of sub headers with just one song each. I'm marking those for later, in case we find more material as research progresses.
Concept albums that focus on one myth only (e.g. Argonautica) aren't deconstructed.

Also, Underworld by Symphony X doesn't seem to specifically be about Greek mythology. It references it here and there, but it also has other references, so I'm thinking we should leave it out in general.

ANOTHER EDIT: Just to add another thought before somebody mentions it, I'm leaving out the topic of Atlantis from the Greek Mythology section, because it strictly speaking isn't Greek Mythology. I'm therefore also still pondering over whether to leave the Atlantean Kodex albums in; again, strictly speaking they are not so much about the story of Atlantis, and more about an occultist view of prehistory.

Last edited:
I agree, I think the only song from Underworld that should stick is Charon.

I haven’t dug deep into the lyrics but I’m pretty sure the entire album is based on the story of Orpheus and Eurydice. What is the criteria for qualifying? Does every song need to reference the characters directly? Are artistic liberties allowed?

I haven’t dug deep into the lyrics but I’m pretty sure the entire album is based on the story of Orpheus and Eurydice. What is the criteria for qualifying? Does every song need to reference the characters directly? Are artistic liberties allowed?

If that is the declared topic of the album, I guess we can keep it. But is there a source for that?

Also, somebody moved "Mad Piper" by Civil War from Overlord to WW1. Even the lyrics reference Normandy. Does somebody know something I don't?

Also, somebody moved "Mad Piper" by Civil War from Overlord to WW1. Even the lyrics reference Normandy. Does somebody know something I don't?
My bad, didn't see the Normandy reference and assumed it referred to the Mad Piper legend of WW1.

I mean, it could refer to WWI, I trust you with this.

Just remembered that Ahab's second album, The Divinity Of Oceans, is based on the whaleship Essex. Where would that fit in?

Back