Member's favorite song of the day

Deano

Ancient Mariner
Since everyone here claims to have ever-shifting "favorite" albums, songs, bands, etc. (myself included); I have decided to make this thread to try and pinpoint what your favorite is RIGHT NOW. In this case, song. Post as often as you want, your favorite song this morning may not be your favorite song after lunch. I will begin (Artist - Album - Song format)

Megadeth - The System Has Failed - The Scorpion

Riding into work today, I dug out a CD that I hadn't listened to in probably about a year, Megadeth's next to most recent album. I always thought the album was good but not one of their best ones. I got to track 4 this morning and was reminded how well The Scorpion can send chills all over your body. A great song about total self-absorption and imposing your will and bad intentions upon others, in this case, ALL others, totally and completely. The changes throughout the song are done expertly and with listener visualization in mind. Killer lyrics! Dave Mustaine is, well, I don't know, that dude was just born with pure steel pumping through his veins. My favorite song RIGHT NOW.

Right now, Badlands by Metal Church. Purely and simply an astonishing piece of work from an incredible album.

I read somewhere that a lot of people regard Metal Church's Blessing in Disguise as a classic of it's era - but they never hit the big time. Having said that, they were one of the last bands to have Metallica as their support act - this happened in London around 1990ish, when Metal Church headlined the Marquee. No real clue was given to the support act, but apparently a few members of the audience got a little excited when they saw the drum kit. It had a Danish flag perched on it. Bedlam ensued when Metallica came on - then Metal Church had to follow. :D

And no, I wasn't there - I read about it in Kerrang!

Deano said:
Megadeth - The System Has Failed - The Scorpion

This song is just fucking awesome, Dean.  Fucking awesome.  The rest of the album was somewhat disposable for me, but this particular song just blew me away.

However, my current song of the hour is:

Motörhead - King of Kings.

"Bow down to the, bow down to the king!"  Lemmy rules.

Hell yeah it is, I'm whistling it as I write. I can't wait to get back in my car.

King of Kings kicks some serious ass too. I'll have to wait til I get home to give that one a listen today.

I just plug my iPod in at work.  In fact, I think I'm listening to Scorpion next.

I gotta say, the song I play most, currently, is "Life is Beautiful" by Sixx: A.M.  Can't help myself, I love it!

Sorry to ruin the streak of 'heavy' tunes on this thread.

Hey, your favorite is your favorite; there are no prerequisites other than that.

I don't know if I'd call it a 'favorite', but one song keeps running through my head lately, and that must mean something...

Motorhead, "Iron Fist".

Slayer - War Ensemble

It's not subtle, it's not very artistic, but it damn well is heavy.  I bought the album Seasons in the Abyss a few weeks ago and even when I'm not listening to the album I get an urge to play just War Ensemble.

Useless fact about War Ensemble:

UK techno act Utah Saints sampled the riff from this song on one of their singles - I Want You.

Today I was really in the mood for Megadeth, listening to A Tout Le Monde, off Youthanasia.  It just fits my mood today.

I think I'm listeing to Megadeth all day today...

Queensrÿche - Eyes of a Stranger.

FUCK YEAH!  I love Mindcrime, and every time I listen to it, another song jumps up and bites me in the ass.

That is a most outstanding album!  I loved it from the minute that I put it in my cassette deck.

Die Toten Hosen - Was Zählt

A very simple, but in my opinion very beautiful love song that basically spells out what a person in love is ready to do. The whole song -like the band, in my opinion- is so basic and honest that it's not cheesy at all, though. There is also a very good video to it:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y0MRjzru6I

It shows the band rehearsing somewhere in Berlin, along with images of the security measures taken in the government quarter after 9/11.

That is a most outstanding album!  I loved it from the minute that I put it in my cassette deck.

That's why that album is my all time #1. Unless something else truly divine comes along, that will never change.

Eyes of a Stranger, yep LC, that song is most definitely, how should I say..... THE SHIT!

I'll throw in some Bad Religion.

Song of the day:

Faith Alone (live in Germany)

Heard a sermon from a creaky pulpit with no one in the nave
I paid a visit to the synagogue and I left there feeling blame

No one could tell me what to do
They had not the capacity to answer me

What the world needs now is some answers to our problems
We can't buy more time because our tender isn't valid
If your soul needs love you can get consoled by pity
But it looks as though faith alone won't sustain us anymore

Watched the scientists throw up their hands conceding
progress will resolve it all
Saw the manufacturers of earths debris ignore another green peace call

No one could tell me what to do
They had not the ability to answer me

What the world needs now is some accountability
We can't buy more time because time wont accept our money
If your soul needs love you can always have my pity
But it looks as though faith alone wont sustain us no more...

What the world needs now is some answers to our problems
We can't buy more time because our tender isn't valid
What the world needs now is some accountability
If your soul needs love you can get consoled by pity

But faith alone wont sustain us anymore
Faith alone wont sustain us anymore

Back