Member's favorite song of the day

After a few minutes though I'm going with last night's epiphany.

Soundgarden - Superunknown - The Day I tried to Live

I really really like this album. To the extent that 70 odd minutes isn't actually long enough for it.

LooseCannon said:
Queensrÿche - Eyes of a Stranger.

FUCK YEAH!  I love Mindcrime, and every time I listen to it, another song jumps up and bites me in the ass.

Ha! I was just about to write that song as favorite of the day. Great minds think alike eh? Oh, the inflated ego.

I've recently been getting back into Dark Tranquillity.  I had a two-month period where I couldn't stand listening to them (though I couldn't admit this to myself), but now I honestly love them again.  I guess I could say Hours Passed in Exile is once again one of my favourite songs.

"What if some things are destined to failure?
What if some things are never meant to be?
What if someone never sees?
What if someone never opens?
What if somehow we are different?"

\m/

I've spent the past weekend listening to The X Factor over and over again, and realized that it really is one of the best Maiden albums (consistency-wise). Then I moved on and have started today to listen carefully to AMOLAD (one great album put me in the mood for another). And I realized how similar these two actually are. But favorite song right NOW at this second is Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

When you have a back catalogue such as Maiden's, people favourite will change from time to time. I know it does for me.

Some Maiden songs that held the "absolute favourite" title for me at various points:
The Evil that Men Do
Montsegur
Blood Brothers
For the Greater Good of God
Lord of the Flies
The Thin Line between Love and Hate

Midnight Oil - Put Down That Weapon

Under the waterline
No place to retire
To another time
The eyes of the world now turn

And if we think about it
And if we talk about it
And if the skies go dark with rain
Can you tell me does our freedom remain

Put down that weapon or we'll all be gone
You can't hide nowhere with the torchlight on
And it happens to be an emergency
Some things aren't meant to be
Some things don't come for free

Above the waterline
Point the finger yeah point the bone
It's the harbour towns
That the grey battleships call home
And if we think about it
And if we talk about it
And if the sea goes boiling black
Can you tell me what we'll do about that

I must know something to know it's so wrong
And it happens to be an emergency
Some things aren't meant to be
Some things don't come for free

They keep talking about it
They keep talking

You must be crazy if you think you're strong

Today's song of the day is definitely, totally, completely: Tom Sawyer, by Rush, naturally.

Just a perfect song in almost every aspect.  I can't find one thing wrong with it, save for I can't get it out of my bloody mind sometimes!

Somewhat of a stereotypical hit that's my favourite now: Metallica - Master of Puppets.  The lighter part in the middle is so damn amazing, especially the way it slowly progresses back to the heavy main riff.  And I can never play it without thinking of the shit that Metallica does nowadays.  That new album better be good.

LooseCannon said:
Today's song of the day is definitely, totally, completely: Tom Sawyer, by Rush, naturally.

Just a perfect song in almost every aspect.  I can't find one thing wrong with it, save for I can't get it out of my bloody mind sometimes!

Have you seen the South Park intro for it on the latest tour?

Back