Megadeth

My thoughts exactly. I actually think the album will be stronger if it’s about his personal experiences with cancer. We’re going to get an avalanche of albums, movies, and books about covid and I’m going to guess that none of them will be any good.

That said, a global pandemic is a pretty good topic for a Megadeth song.

New album title "Globalism Pandemic"

• Haha
Reactions: Jer
I thought it was a funny joke yet also completely plausable and I would be in no way shocked if that turned out to be the real title.

This seems the way to go, at least for legacy acts that are primarily based in touring. Megadeth, Maiden, Priest, probably all have albums ready or are waiting to work on albums when it’s clear that they will be able to tour. Otherwise an album probably seems like a waste of time and money.

To that end, I wouldn’t even be surprised if Metallica has something cooking, considering the thing that seems to keep them from the studio is that they like to tour constantly.

Metallica only plays two weeks at a time tho. They can write in those gaps.

What they don’t seem to be thinking about is that there’s going to be a glut of tours when things finally open up some more, and if everyone waits until then to release, people are going to have to make choices about where to spend their money.

I wish at least one or two of these bands would try the route of releasing the album now and touring later. If the album’s any good, I would imagine the desire to see the tour would go up with repeated listens to the album, not down. If everyone waits, then fans get screwed and we never learn which approach would have made more financial sense.

What they don’t seem to be thinking about is that there’s going to be a glut of tours when things finally open up some more, and if everyone waits until then to release, people are going to have to make choices about where to spend their money.
Either that or Europe is going to have best summer festival season ever. (I'm hoping for later.)

I wish at least one or two of these bands would try the route of releasing the album now and touring later. If the album’s any good, I would imagine the desire to see the tour would go up with repeated listens to the album, not down. If everyone waits, then fans get screwed and we never learn which approach would have made more financial sense.

Yeah, it seems everyone is too afraid to steer away from the old trusted formula that they've always known. I wish more bands would've at least given us something. The times's been ripe for stuff like an EP for example - that they can play a song or two from on the next tour, whenever that happens.

Yeah, it seems everyone is too afraid to steer away from the old trusted formula that they've always known. I wish more bands would've at least given us something. The times's been ripe for stuff like an EP for example - that they can play a song or two from on the next tour, whenever that happens.
Carcass actually did exactly what you outlined here. Their album Torn Arteries was pushed back due to the virus, but they released an EP, Despicable, containing songs that were cut from the album, on the original’s release date.

I'd have thought it would be the other way round, that now would be a good time to release music, when people need entertainment at home.

While I don't see, particularly for legacy artists, people not buying tickets for a tour post CoVid because the artist doesn't have new music to release. So don't really see the need to hold an album until a tour can be undertaken.

megadeth-lamb-of-god-tour.jpg

Megadeth and Lamb of God with Trivium and In Flames. Assuming this actually happens, I would absolutely be down to see this show Sep 9th in Tinley Park.

I'm also assuming it's no coincidence that the earliest dates are in Texas, and the Canadian dates are all at the very end. :lol:

View attachment 14476

Megadeth and Lamb of God with Trivium and In Flames. Assuming this actually happens, I would absolutely be down to see this show Sep 9th in Tinley Park.

I'm also assuming it's no coincidence that the earliest dates are in Texas, and the Canadian dates are all at the very end. :lol:
Assuming our COVID rates are doing ok by that point...I might be willing to buy a $20 lawn ticket and get piss drunk for it?

Back