Megadeth

I hadn't heard any of these albums before, except Cryptic Writings; no real expectations at all...

CW is as pitchy as I recall from hearing it back in the 90's. Kinda shit. Or rather, just not really very Megadethy.
SHF is awesome. Have really enjoyed this after ~10 full listens.
WNH sounds recent on first listen; need to spin a few more times.
EG: literally just put it on. Sounds awesome. Broderick is a monster.

^ That's not me reviewing; just initial thoughts.

Work on the next (sixteenth) Megadeth album is underway in the most Metal of location: Tennessee. I think Dave lives there.
Yeah, he moved there so his daughter could pursue a country music career.

You haven’t heard Countdown To Extinction in full?
That’s their Black Album.
Only difference being that the "Blaarghhh Album" features 3 great songs, other 3 ok songs and the rest is pop metal crap. Countdown features 3 pop metal crap songs, 3 ok songs and the rest is great. :D

Only difference being that the "Blaarghhh Album" features 3 great songs, other 3 ok songs and the rest is pop metal crap. Countdown features 3 pop metal crap songs, 3 ok songs and the rest is great. :D
Blaarghhhh Album:
Cool Songs: The God That Failed, The Struggle Within and Through The Never
Ok Songs: My Friend Of Misery, Of Wolf And Man and yeah... Enter Sandman (it's ultra over played but yet a simple and groovy tune)
Garbage: All the rest :p

Countdown To Extinction:
Garbage: High Speed Dirt, Psychotron and Sweating Bullets
Just Ok Songs: Foreclosure Of A Dream, Countdown To Extinction, Symphony Of Destruction
Cool Songs: Architecture Of Aggression, This Was My Life, Captive Honour
Hymns!: Skin O' My Teeth and Ashes In Your Mouth (and Angry Again if it was included in the album as IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN!)

Unleash the hordes of Haters :D:D:D:D:D

SHF is awesome. Have really enjoyed this after ~10 full listens.
WNH sounds recent on first listen; need to spin a few more times.
EG: literally just put it on. Sounds awesome. Broderick is a monster.
Facts! :applause:

CW is as pitchy as I recall from hearing it back in the 90's. Kinda shit. Or rather, just not really very Megadethy
Mmmmmm yeah it lacks some coherency and some songs are a bit sub par/ fillers. But songs like FFF, Vortex, Disintegrators, Use The Man and even Trust cannot be taken lightly (especially the first four I mentioned)

Megadeth to play entire Youthanasia album this fall!*

*at one concert

Youthanasia is extremely underrated. I wish I could hear songs like Victory or The Killing Road live someday.

Megadeth to play entire Youthanasia album this fall!*

*at one concert

The best thing about this is that it's only at once concert. I'm glad that I wouldn't have to put up with that in order to see Megadeth again. 'Youthanasia' has its moments but overall it is too commercial for me.

Back