Megadeth To Release "Super Collider" June 2013

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
From facebook:
METAL GODS MEGADETH NEW ALBUM 'SUPER COLLIDER' SET FOR RELEASE JUNE 2013 Dave Mustaine brings legendary thrash-metal pioneers to his own label with Universal for first time, uniting with his multi-platinum Capitol/EMI catalog

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 12, 2013 -For a heavy metal band that's been around for nearly three decades, selling more than 38 million albums worldwide, earning numerous accolades including 11 Grammy® nominations, scoring five consecutive platinum albums-including 1992's two-million-selling Countdown to Extinction -Megadeth's founder, leader and primal guitar-slinger and lyricist Dave Mustaine feels the best is yet to come, especially after signing an exclusive worldwide deal with Universal Music Enterprises.

Currently working in their studio in San Diego on their 14th studio album titled Super Collider, Mustaine, along with bassist Dave Ellefson, drummer Shawn Drover and guitarist Chris Broderick, are looking forward to its release in June 2013
Megadeth's Super Collider is the first release through Mustaine's new label, Tradecraft, through UMe.

"It was a real thrill for us to learn there was an opportunity to join Universal," said Mustaine during a break in the sessions. "It seems like every time you see a great band or music video, it comes from the Universal label. Being with Universal is by far the most exciting and prestigious home for Megadeth ever! We are electrified with what the future holds and the possibilities such a powerhouse like Uni will bring for us all. We have worked with some great people over the years, and it is amazing to see so many of them on the Universal team for our new record, Super Collider. If Megadeth being here isn't satiating enough, having Tradecraft as my own label is going to be really amazing for metal bands around the world.

With a newfound energy with the band, Mustaine is raring to go, preparing for his latest tour, marking the 20th anniversary of their best-selling Countdown to Extinction album. Mustaine added, "Shawn, Chris and David have all been feverishly contributing some great music and I believe we are doing our best work ever together in the studio right now!"
Lame title, but I guess by now that's a given. Last two albums were pretty good so I'm looking forward to this.

I was dreading the album title '4teen' or something to that effect. Dave is probably having a go at CERN now, which should be fun.

In other Megadeth related news, I bought a ticket for their Glasgow gig in June which will be the sixth time that I've seen them.

Could be pretty cool. Not sure about the title (maybe he is having a go at CERN, I just searched Alex Jones' website, though, and he doesn't have a strong stand on them (Alex Jones is an American conspiracy theorist and good friend of Dave's; his "documentary" Endgame inspired the album of the same title)), but I don't listen for the title, so I'll surely be getting this.

I couldn't care less about this release, I'll still give it a shot anyway. The title is horrible by the way.

Combined with the cover art, this does sound like Mustaine's gonna have a go at CERN. Urgh.

d9dde0328009a480678b9b977ef9de83.jpg

This album already looks like an unsurprising, same sounding one. Don't expect any changes from the format of all 2000's albums. Shame.

Combined with the cover art, this does sound like Mustaine's gonna have a go at CERN. Urgh.

I read some of what Alex Jones has on his website on the topic. Unlike most of his conspiracy bullshit, this doesn't even have any sort of internal logic. I can hardly listen to any Megadave anymore, because it makes me really, really sad.

Alright NP, I just picked the one that musicfeeds said was leaked. Do you have the real one or is that still unknown?

New song!:

It's different and kind of catchy. Even though it's not real thrashy, the last 4 albums have all had songs that weren't thrash so I'm sure there will be heavier songs on the album.

Horrible cover but for the song I kinda like it. At least this is something different. The vibe on the track brings me back to something out of Cryptic Writings or Risk. Which is a good thing IMO since they were horribly in need of a reboot and change of direction. The last 4 Megadeth albums all sounded the same and I was getting seriously bored with them.

Back