Megadeth Album Survivor Results

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Megadeth either have bad albums with a few good songs, or really good albums with one or two clunkers. I love Countdown, but I can't look past "Psychotron".

I guess for me they're a bit of a greatest hits band; I love their best material but the only album that I'd call a favorite is RIP. Peace Sells, Countdown to Extinction, and Endgame are really good as well, but I rarely go out of my way to listen to them.

They used to be one of my favorites. After the Al Pitrelli era, I just lost interest. The World Needs a Hero was kind of a letdown and then everything else after that (despite having some great songs in the mix) seems like a retread of earlier material or half-assed. When they were great, though, they were great.

but the only album that I'd call a favorite is RIP. Peace Sells, Countdown to Extinction, and Endgame are really good as well.
Yeah those 4 albums are definitely their best, Endgame is just way too low, but so is Th1rt3en. That album had some really strong songs.

Eliminated - Cryptic Writings

5. Cryptic Writings
6. Killing Is My Business... and Business is Good!
7. So Far, So Good,... So What?
8. The System Has Failed
9. Endgame
10. The World Needs a Hero
11. United Abominations
12. Th1rt3en
13. Risk
14. Super Collider

Thank God. 'Cryptic Writings' is a terrible album. 'The Disintegrators' anyone? I've been voting for it since the beginning and it should have gone several round ago.

Countdown to Extinction
Youthanasia

I like 'The Disintegrators.'

I've been voting for Youthanasia since the beginning, An album that has 2 good songs on it should be here.

Youthanasia

It's a solid album, but it doesn't really compare with the other three. It's also all pretty mid-tempo for some reason, which I never understood. Still, good album with one of my all-time favorite Megadeth songs (Addicted to Chaos).

Thank God. 'Cryptic Writings' is a terrible album. 'The Disintegrators' anyone? I've been voting for it since the beginning and it should have gone several round ago.

I don't think it was that bad. She-Wolf and Secret Place are great songs, and Trust, while a tad overrated, is great too.

CW is just such a mixed bag. It's got some great material (Trust, Mastermind, Secret Place, She-Wolf, Vortex), some good material (Almost Honest, Use the Man, Disintegrators), and then 3-4 really bad songs (I'll Get Even, Sin, Have Cool, Will Travel, FFF)

I don't think it was that bad. She-Wolf and Secret Place are great songs, and Trust, while a tad overrated, is great too.

The main riff of Vortex, the ending of She-Wolf, and the riffs throughout Mastermind are better than anything Megadeth have written in ten years.

Eliminated - Youthanasia
Finally.

4. Youthanasia
5. Cryptic Writings
6. Killing Is My Business... and Business is Good!
7. So Far, So Good,... So What?
8. The System Has Failed
9. Endgame
10. The World Needs a Hero
11. United Abominations
12. Th1rt3en
13. Risk
14. Super Collider

Back