Martin Birch passed away

A STATEMENT FROM THE OFFICIAL MAIDEN SITE AT LAST
Your entitlement to instant gratification is astounding, and provides the band members who worked with Martin for years and considered him a close friend no time to grieve nor process the news. Iron Maiden is a business, but it's a small business in that the people who run it are not an extensive and broad group. It's hardly a bland corporation.

As I said before I've always considered Martin as a member of the band because he was recorded, producing, engineer and mixed for them. He has been a very important part of all Maiden albums. And they were closer friends.
But he wasn't a member of the band. He was an employee. It's not about what you think, it's about whether the band feel it's necessary. Iron Maiden have no obligation to put out press releases about everything you want them to. Please don't make Martin Birch's death all about you.

Also, please bear in mind that the group of musicians tweeting their condolences were all US-based and news of Martin's death probably started to filter through yesterday evening US time. As mentioned above, Iron Maiden are spread across various timezones so it would have taken a few hours for Rod or whoever to speak to each band member about it and get the appropriate quotes. The end result was a tasteful and fitting tribute.

Iron Maiden are a band and also a brand. They are not a news outlet or a political party.

Deep Purple don't seem to have made any comment yet. How fucking insensitive of them.

Which of his Maiden albums do you guys think sounds best? If I had to pick one I would probably choose Killers. Imagine if the debut sounded like that, it would be a bigger classic than it is today.

But he wasn't a member of the band. He was an employee. It's not about what you think, it's about whether the band feel it's necessary. Iron Maiden have no obligation to put out press releases about everything you want them to. Please don't make Martin Birch's death all about you.

Also, please bear in mind that the group of musicians tweeting their condolences were all US-based and news of Martin's death probably started to filter through yesterday evening US time. As mentioned above, Iron Maiden are spread across various timezones so it would have taken a few hours for Rod or whoever to speak to each band member about it and get the appropriate quotes. The end result was a tasteful and fitting tribute.

Iron Maiden are a band and also a brand. They are not a news outlet or a political party.

Deep Purple don't seem to have made any comment yet. How fucking insensitive of them.
I respect your point of view

Fans of a band acting entitled? Nah, can't be.
tenor.gif

I'm very saddened to read of Martin 'Marvin' Birch's passing.

He is THE producer who gave them the possibility to get the sound they wanted/needed and enabled them to reach their full potential. I love that man. Forever.

Please don't ruin this thread with silly disputes. Let's just honour him and discuss his legacy.

Rest in peace brother <3

Back