Manowar

Manowar are working on their 2nd EP (out of 3) - all these EPs are basically their new album.

Why they do not release a full album instead of 3 EPs. I don't get it. :huh:

Do it the traditional way: 1/2 singles and a proper album cover.

Sort of sad to see how off the boil Manowar have gone over the past 15 years. If they'd retired around the time of 'The Absolute Power' DVD release, they'd have left a hell of a legacy. They seem to have lurched from one disastrous project to the next since then, although I did very much enjoy the 2010 show in Birmingham.

Sort of sad to see how off the boil Manowar have gone over the past 15 years. If they'd retired around the time of 'The Absolute Power' DVD release, they'd have left a hell of a legacy. They seem to have lurched from one disastrous project to the next since then, although I did very much enjoy the 2010 show in Birmingham.

I saw them live in 2019 and they were magnificent. That new guitarist they got was the best thing that could have happened to them.

I saw them live in 2019 and they were magnificent. That new guitarist they got was the best thing that could have happened to them.
I'm glad to hear it, and I don't doubt that they will always be a force of nature in a live setting.

I'm referring more to the endless stream of half-baked full length albums & stopgap EPs, confusing PR, announcements for projects that don't transpire, unnecessary re-recordings of classics and ongoing personnel issues.

Of course, it was disgusting to hear of Karl Logan's arrest, and makes it difficult to enjoy the albums that he played on. I also thought their treatment of the passing of Scott Columbus was pretty shameful.

True, their recorded output has been pretty pathetic ever since Warriors of the World.

''Hand Of Doom'' is the first live video in a series of videos from the unreleased Hell On Earth VI DVD that will be made available.

- this DVD will contain songs from their 2019/2020 tour and the upcoming tour in 2022. What happened to the DVD from Mexico?

So they're releasing these online as opposed to on physical media? I remember that Manowar's DVD output was very impressive in the mid-00s, but Hell on Earth V was pretty disappointing, despite the fact that it features one of the shows I attended.

New EP -> The Revenge Of The Odysseus [2022]:

1.Athena's Theme (0:57)
2.Telemachus - Part I (2:42)
3.Where Eagles Fly (feat. Chiara Tricarico) (3:27)
4.Odysseus and Calypso - The Island Of Ogygia (0:45)
5.Immortal (6:00)

manowar.jpg

The real song here is ''Immortal'' - pretty standard song for them with a great riff, nice chorus and solo. It reminds me of ''Warriors Of The World United''. But seriously, they should release a full album.

They debuted the song live in Greece 2 days ago - click here

The stage set is not as epic as for the previous tour, but this is great:

manowar live 22.png

Michael Angelo Batio (from the band Nitro) will be Manowar's guitarist for their 2023 tour.

Official artwork for ''Sleipnir'' from the lyric video of the song:

One of their best songs since the 80's imo. The chorus and the riff before the solo are great (like the artwork).

Attachments

• manowar - sleipnir.jpg
    manowar - sleipnir.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 12
Live with the new guitarist and the new drummer:

Their last good album was in 2002, but they're still great live, especially now. At least I can enjoy that. The new stage set is cool too:

manowar 2023.jpg

Is it me, or this new song is very badly recorded? Real drums? But... but Joey brags that he has top notch recording studio. Wtf?
And lyrics are so fresh and inspiring.
But i like the rhythm of the song :D

Back