Manowar

tgtgho1366352_4.jpg

"for ages 6-10 yrs."

Their traditional farewell tour, I guess.

I'm also not sure if this would be their last. They started this farewell tour in 2017 with not so many dates and mostly played in Germany and Sacandinavia, then they whole 2018 was a rest and recording the new album which have to be released this year (the original plan was to be released in 2016, when the farewell tour was announced) - and it would be strange if they do not tour for it.

Wasn't their record concert in Kavarna part of a farewell tour as well?

:lol:.... How a person can be sure, I mean, Scorpions farewell tour is going on for 9 years already.

EDIT: Kiss farewell tour in 2000/2001 was also fake.
Priest in 2011/2012 also.
Ozzy recent farewell tour is also fake.

Last edited:
Manowar already started again their farewell tour in 2019 and the setlist is quite weak (supposed to be chosen by the fans).

The songs that have been played so far are: https://www.setlist.fm/stats/manowar-53d683a9.html?year=2019

Not to play ''Battle Hymn'' is blasphemous - come on, what fans are that. ''Thor (The Powerhead)'' is a nice surprise, but ''The Power Of Thy Sword'' (which is played for the first time ever) is a big filler.

Straight from the rumour mill: apparently the price Manowar are asking to promoters for their farewell gigs has meant that some festivals have decided to withdraw any offers to have them as headliners. The comments I hear say that Joey DeMaio seems to have lost the plot completely.

Straight from the rumour mill: apparently the price Manowar are asking to promoters for their farewell gigs has meant that some festivals have decided to withdraw any offers to have them as headliners. The comments I hear say that Joey DeMaio seems to have lost the plot completely.
Manowar have always charged insane amount of money, there is a reason why they have never played at Wacken and rarely any festivals at all...

Manowar have always charged insane amount of money, there is a reason why they have never played at Wacken and rarely any festivals at all...

I seem to remember them playing at festivals in Spain and, when that was not the case, headlining venues with a capacity of less than 3000 people or thereabouts.

They probably think they can "do a Scorpions" (i.e. announce a farewell tour, increase significantly the money they charge for gigs and play to bigger audiences) and get away with it. Fat chance!

I've heard that when Manowar play in venues with balconies no tickets will be sold for the balcony because Joey DeMaio doesn't want people to look down on him. For example, no balcony tickets are available for their Birmingham shows.

Back