Maiden's future (albums/touring)

I may be the only one here who thinks this but, I think they OWE us a retour of Somewhere in Time before they go off and rebirth an album from the 90s. We never got a concert video or live album from SIT... It's my favorite and it seems like the very album of the 80s they ignore. :(

I think the only thing Maiden (or really any band) owes fans is to put forward a good effort in what they do and a certain level of quality. Some people will like or dislike to varying degrees certain songs or setlists .. .but so long as I do not get the impression a band is making mores solely based on cash or just phoning stuff in, I will stick with them.

You really are. I'm pretty sure Maiden owes us nothing.

I didn't mean to put it like that. I'm stating they just seem to throw the album aside like it was no good. It's my favorite and was the first maiden album I ever heard and hooked me for life. No concert video, no live album, no live songs other than the commercial hits like Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait. :(

I think realistically they treat SIT the same as the other albums before Bruce left. There are exceptions either an odd inclusion of a song or a tour focused on a particular period (including the current tour).

But in general, this is what we get

IM: IM, Running Free, to a lesser degree Sanctuary
Killers: Wrathchild
NotB: NotB, RttH, Hallowed
PoM: Trooper
Powerslave: Aces High, 2MtM
SIT: Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait
SSoaSS: Evil That Men Do, to a lesser degree Clairvoyant
NPftD: Daughter
FotD: Fotd

That is it. Obviously some tours are different, but this is the general pool of songs they seem to choose from.

I do agree that since they are doing Maiden England now, it might have been better to cut of the SBiT tour at SIT and make the setlist more of a hybrid between the LaD setlist and the SIT tour and included a few more SIT songs at the expense of the SSoaSS songs and FotD for that matter.

Yeah. My confusion came when they went from doing a rebirth of the Powerslave era and doing the Final Frontier to doing Seventh Son era and skipping over Somewhere in Time completely. They did the Early Days tour which was on the first 4 albums, then Powerslave and completely skipped SIT and jumped to SSOASS after the Final Frontier tour... :( I guess I'll always be disappointed in them for neglecting that album. Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait have only been reborn in the last 3 tours. They did play Stranger in a Strange Land on the Ed Hunter tour

In theory SiT was covered on the Somewhere Back in Time tour ... for whatever reason they do not seem to care for those songs very much. I am pretty sure everyone on here has a list of a few songs they would like to see played that they do not very often.

I saw the Somewhere in Time tour in the 80s and I thought the songs played well, except Stranger in a Strange Land .. I like the song, but no so much live.

But in general, this is what we get

IM: IM, Running Free, to a lesser degree Sanctuary
Powerslave: Aces High, 2MtM
SIT: Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait
SSoaSS: Evil That Men Do, to a lesser degree Clairvoyant
NPftD: Daughter

I would've thought CIPWM was more frequent than Clairvoyant surely?

Excluding the history tours SIT hasn't been virtually non existent, and Powerslave is purely 2MtM, NPftD doesn't really exist either. I agree that SBiT tour should've stopped at SiT... it had more SSOASS than SiT (3v2), the name certainly implied it would be more covered. The current tour does seem to have a bit of an overlap with SBiT.

Next tour, from these albums, nothing more than this:

IM: IM, Running Free
Powerslave: 2MtM
SIT: Wasted Years
SSoaSS: Evil That Men Do, CIPWM, Clairvoyant

I doubt they will play much of that, I assume the next tour will be mostly new stuff

I'm in agreeing here with this one. Final Frontier was that way and I loved it! The same with Dance of Death! Lots of great new content. I wish they would have done more back during the Brave New World set. I never got to hear "Out of the Silent Planet" live :(

From the shows I heard, Silent Planet did not sound too good live. Most of their songs sound better live IMO, that is not one of them

I would love to hear "Out of the Silent Planet" live! And I agree that SiT is not represented very well at gigs, but I'm also not in any hurry to hear "Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" over any other songs...that said, I'd love a tour that focused on solely the Powerslave/SiT/SSOASS albums, as I think that was one of their strongest periods.

From the shows I heard, Silent Planet did not sound too good live. Most of their songs sound better live IMO, that is not one of them

there seems to be more energy and speed in their live performances as opposed to their studio ones. I like it but I only saw that song done in Argentina and didn't mind it.

I would love to hear "Out of the Silent Planet" live! And I agree that SiT is not represented very well at gigs, but I'm also not in any hurry to hear "Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" over any other songs...that said, I'd love a tour that focused on solely the Powerslave/SiT/SSOASS albums, as I think that was one of their strongest periods.

that "supposedly" happened back in 2008. The Somewhere Back in Time tour. I went to five of the shows on that tour. Loved it all except there was too much SSOASS and too little of SIT

that "supposedly" happened back in 2008. The Somewhere Back in Time tour. I went to five of the shows on that tour. Loved it all except there was too much SSOASS and too little of SIT

Yeah, I sadly missed that tour. But even then, they played 5-6 songs from the first four albums that could have easily been replaced by lesser played tracks like "Sea of Madness", "Deja-Vu", "Stranger in a Strange Land", "Caught Somewhere in Time", or Seventh Son in its entirety.

Yeah, I sadly missed that tour. But even then, they played 5-6 songs from the first four albums that could have easily been replaced by lesser played tracks like "Sea of Madness", "Deja-Vu", "Stranger in a Strange Land", "Caught Somewhere in Time", or Seventh Son in its entirety.

I agree with it all except the Seventh Son bit because of what they are doing now. It would be a repeat. I would have loved for a full Somewhere in Time set :) I guess I'll have to stick to my bootlegs :/

Back