Maidenfans South-East Europe Meetups

Those of us who are in for the Athens show, have you all got your tickets? If not, they are almost sold out, better act fast!

What is the venue? I saw somewhere Olympic Stadium, cannot sold out that fast, it's a venue of monstrous capacity. Maybe some auxiliary venue in the vicinity?

Oh man! It is the Olympic Stadium! :edmetal:

That's a 70,000+ capacity venue o_O super ambitious from Maiden side, kudos! :edmetal: :edmetal:

OS.png

Right now The Trooper is being played on my mind, this part, specifically:

We get so close near enough to fight.
When a Russian gets me in his sights.
He pulls the trigger and I feel the blow.
A burst of rounds take my horse below.

PS Do I miss something? Can Maiden fill a stadium that big in Greece, 2022 ? Wow feel like came back from years of hibernation or something :D

Oh man! It is the Olympic Stadium! :edmetal:

That's a 70,000+ capacity venue o_O super ambitious from Maiden side, kudos! :edmetal: :edmetal:

PS Do I miss something? Can Maiden fill a stadium that big in Greece, 2022 ? Wow feel like came back from years of hibernation or something :D

75k seating record!

20.000 is roughly a (packed) show on average pitch and normal tartan with the middle "mix hole" and its shade towards the back of field.

600px-Olympic_Stadium_Athens_OAKA_plan.jpg

2A2zg8K.png

We're still looking at possible 50+ k which is absolutely spectacular.

Edit : FYI we (my brother and I) bought tickets in section 3A somewhere up. I figured out that buying tickets for the mid zone will be the best bet in trading them in if we all decide to hit the pitch.

Now I could presume some local traditions apply too and the ticket zone doesn't really matter and once the show hits it's free for all; but in a weird case that isn't doable these tickets may be easily traded for pitch.

75k seating record!

20.000 is roughly a (packed) show on average pitch and normal tartan with the middle "mix hole" and its shade towards the back of field.

600px-Olympic_Stadium_Athens_OAKA_plan.jpg

2A2zg8K.png

We're still looking at possible 50+ k which is absolutely spectacular.

Where are you seating /standing? :D

Edit : FYI we (my brother and I) bought tickets in section 3A somewhere up. I figured out that buying tickets for the mid zone will be the best bet in trading them in if we all decide to hit the pitch.

Now I could presume some local traditions apply too and the ticket zone doesn't really matter and once the show hits it's free for all; but in a weird case that isn't doable these tickets may be easily traded for pitch.

Isn't 4 better than 3? View from above and all? :D Or 8 /9 ?

The stands will not offer much in terms of view. They are pretty far away, especially considering there's lanes for running as well. There is absolutely no chance of that show selling out. At the very least stand tickets will be available until the day. Maybe the pitch close to the stage will sell out at some point though. For people asing about the stands and gates, keep in mind that even number are upper level, so even more far away, than odd numbers which are lower level. If you want to have a view of the crazy greeks then lower levels on stands is the best, if you want to actually have a view of the band then I suggest pitch and close to the stage. If view does not matter then lower level stands will be a lot more comfortable. If I was to go to the stands then 7 or 9 would be the one for me.

BTW been at the stadium many times and I have seen a couple of concerts there as well. GNR back in 98 or something and AC/DC are the ones that comes to mind.

I actually am not sure they will open all the gates of the stadium due to coronavirus, that's why I talked about selling out.

My tickets are for standing B

Confirmations so far:

Croatia:
  • Spambot
  • Snake
Greece:
  • Ground Zero
  • Aggelos
  • No 7164
  • No 5 *
  • Saapanael
Bulgaria:
  • NP *
  • Saapanael
Belgrade:
  • NP

Special guests (in our hearts) Diesel 11, chaosapiant, Midnight, all venues! :D

* Depending on COVID "situation"

Last edited:
place is called Aggelakia. i think you need to scroll a bit on the left to actually see it on google maps if you click the link.

90% I am going to Belgrade show. This is a last minute call and I dont have any plan or ticket because I am still on vessel and my contract was planned for whole summer.

Luckily I will come home for few days so I am going to Belgrade show, fanpit is sold out but I am hoping that somebody will be selling tickets for fanpit at last moment. I am going alone so I am open for company.

LOL no deal. I live in London now and this one was my favourite place when I was still living in Athens. So whenever I go back to Athens I make sureto visit for souvlaki and a cold one.

I haven’t confirmed anything. Is a meetup happening? I’m not sure I could make it in the first half of July.

Yes, in all likelihood there will be a significant amount of people from the board there.

Back