Maidenfans South-East Europe Meetups

____no5

Free Man
Last 10 years, Southeast Europe has been one of the strongest areas for Maidenfans.com and there are many people that I’d like to meet.
It seems like this late spring -early summer I could be around.
So why we don’t meet up? It’s not that we’ll have too many chances in the years ahead! There are 5 venues, but the strongest 2 in my opinion are Zagreb May 22, a Sunday and Athens July 16, a m**fu**ing Saturday.

My preference is Athens as it’s in the middle of Greece, in the middle of a weekend in the middle of summer. And a few other reasons. Alternatively I could do a May venue.
What are you guys thinking? Of course this could end as multiple meetups, which would fulfill this thread’s purpose and then some.

Sun 22 May Zagreb, CROATIA
Tue 24 May Belgrade, SERBIA
Thu 26 May Bucharest, ROMANIA
Wed 13 July Sofia, BULGARIA
Sat 16 July Athens, GREECE

I am in for Athens. I know the best souvlaki place near the venue. Also has a good range of Greek cold beers. Used to live very close to the Olympic Stadium.

Btw. if anyone of you wanted to visit Zagreb, May is great time to do it. In North Croatia there's an actual four seasons thing, and Zagreb looks/feels best at spring. The city is spacious, has nice vegetation and everything is in bloom.

I am far more interested in Athens or some other destination we may agree upon, I already saw LOTB in Arena Zagreb, ZG is far enough for me to prefer flights, so I can just pick another town.

Imagine a country of 55 thousand square km (Sao Paulo metro area) with 3.8 million people, and the scenario for you+Maiden is - they play in your neighbourhood (you would hear them play even if you stayed at home), or they play 800km+ round-trip away. No middle ground for me :(

Athens is by far the best option for me, if there are takers, we could even rent an SUV afterwards and do some serious sightseeing, i.e. Olympia, Arcadia etc.
Depending on COVID situation I could do Zagreb too.

I didn't know that Sao Paolo metro area is that big, checked how big is Shanghai (which is quite huge) and it's "only" 7,000km2. Tokyo, the most populous city in the world is 3,000km2. But then the most populous city in China, Chongqing is a whopping 82,000km2.

Last edited:
Athens is by far the best option for me, if there are takers, we could even rent an SUV afterwards and do some serious sightseeing, i.e. Olympia, Arcadia etc.
Depending on COVID situation I could do Zagreb too.

I didn't know that Sao Paolo metro area is that big, checked how big is Shanghai (which is quite huge) and it's "only" 7,000km2. Tokyo, the most populous city in the world is 3,000km2. But then the most populous city in China, Chongqing is a whopping 82,000km2.

Well I rechecked, it's 10k km2 "only". With several adjacent municipalities it probably gets to the size of a smaller European state. Tho I remember checking it on google Earth and the sprawl was literally the size of European state.

There's a chance we'll have a smaller lockdown in the spring, so they can open up and remove restrictions when summer season comes (this sorry excuse of a state would default if there was just one entirely skipped tourist season). I'll keep you posted here, but considering our government, anything is rarely planned in advance...

Bought the ticket for the Belgrade show, would also love to come to Sofia but it'll depend on the Covid situation and whether I'll go for a vacation somewhere (not looking likely atm, but you never know).

There's a chance we'll have a smaller lockdown in the spring, so they can open up and remove restrictions when summer season comes (this sorry excuse of a state would default if there was just one entirely skipped tourist season). I'll keep you posted here, but considering our government, anything is rarely planned in advance...

Yes it's difficult to predict. Seems it could be possible though.

Well I rechecked, it's 10k km2 "only". With several adjacent municipalities it probably gets to the size of a smaller European state. Tho I remember checking it on google Earth and the sprawl was literally the size of European state.

No actually you were right. For Sao Paolo there are 2 tiers of metro area, highest being Macro Metro something like that.

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 09.52.22.png

Ah well, maybe we’ll have to meet up in DC instead and pretend there’s a crowd.
I’m a 3.5 hour drive from DC; I could actually do that! Plus, Bristow is my go-to Maiden show venue. It also helps that my girlfriend lives up there in a city called Man Asses.

I’m a 3.5 hour drive from DC; I could actually do that! Plus, Bristow is my go-to Maiden show venue. It also helps that my girlfriend lives up there in a city called Man Asses.
Yeah we were both at Bristow last year (edit: 2019 is last year apparently), just didn’t see each other lol. This time they’re gonna be directly in DC though, and the venue looks impressive. Still holding off on buying tickets because I want to see how Covid develops in the upcoming year, plus if I’m going to bring anyone with me (like my partner), that sorta stuff.

Back