Maidenfans South-East Europe Meetups

I’m a 3.5 hour drive from DC; I could actually do that! Plus, Bristow is my go-to Maiden show venue. It also helps that my girlfriend lives up there in a city called Man Asses.
Yeah we were both at Bristow last year (edit: 2019 is last year apparently), just didn’t see each other lol. This time they’re gonna be directly in DC though, and the venue looks impressive. Still holding off on buying tickets because I want to see how Covid develops in the upcoming year, plus if I’m going to bring anyone with me (like my partner), that sorta stuff.

Man, I'll be extremely proud if this thread contributes to meet-ups happening in places other than SE. Europe! :edmetal:

Yeah we were both at Bristow last year (edit: 2019 is last year apparently), just didn’t see each other lol. This time they’re gonna be directly in DC though, and the venue looks impressive. Still holding off on buying tickets because I want to see how Covid develops in the upcoming year, plus if I’m going to bring anyone with me (like my partner), that sorta stuff.
Yep, samesies! I’m not buying tickets until I know the set list and such. I’ve already seen Legacy of the Beast and I’m old and concert weary. Mainly I hate crowds and I hate driving in DC so if it’s the same songs I’m kinda over that tour. If it’s the first three tracks as stated by Bruce, I might check it out.

Damn, I thought there a lot of people would be going to Croatian gig since it's the start of the tour. Still, I bet there'll be lot a people from official IMFC there. As of now, I'm the only one from my friends holding a ticket. It'll probably change, but I'm still for a meet-up.

Damn, I thought there a lot of people would be going to Croatian gig since it's the start of the tour.

I'm still kind of up for it.

What I don't like about going to gigs in ZG is that people from the town just go home after the gig. Like after a football game, sea of people go home in several directions, and 2 hours after the gig you wouldn't even know anything happened there. I'm not used to it, and it feels anticlimactic.

I also have tickets for Zagreb show. I also plan to go to Wiener Neustadt since it was postponed date from 2020

I'm still kind of up for it.

What I don't like about going to gigs in ZG is that people from the town just go home after the gig. Like after a football game, sea of people go home in several directions, and 2 hours after the gig you wouldn't even know anything happened there. I'm not used to it, and it feels anticlimactic.
I know that feeling.

It may be due to the location of the gig. That shopping in ZG mall will be closed by the time concert ends and there isn't much to go from around there. It's different if the venue is in part of the city where there are pubs and so on. Or if you know some after party (I've been to a couple of those after concert and it's a nice way to cool down, but still keep your spirits up).

Worst case scenario - I'll be probably catching bus home at 3AM, so I'm always up for an overpriced beer at a random petrol station.

^ let's go to Athens. I talked my brother into it, we'll purchase tickets right now and for aircraft we'll wait until something gets scheduled directly from here.

In ZG we moved away in a row of people but that row just went slimmer and slimmer while we were walking through some normal neighborhood and everyone was, you know, not loud because it's almost midnight. People were sifting away to catch a bus, taxi, and by the time we got to our station there was noone around anymore.

In ST in 2008 it was spectacular, well maybe not the best comparison because SBiT was their largest tour ever, but from 10AM to 4AM next morning you could feel the gig everywhere around.

Funny how 2008 is contemporary but before the social media boom - there's no pictures around the net that are easily found, considering tens of thousands of tourists who were in here on the day and the city completely painted in Maiden.

@Zare
Split 2008 was really something different. I was at a full fanboy mode then and I dare to say the whole country was breathing Maiden that summer. Winning HCW from official FC was just cherry on top.
There was like 40-50 of us who went with a bus, all people who I knew, some of them fans, some of them just started listening to Maiden. Even tho we didn't went anywhere before and/or after a gig, you could see the adrenaline surrounding Poljud. The were some pictures on official web-page from Rod's diary (they spent a couple of days there) and I have also a couple of pictures but none can really depict the atmosphere surrounding that gig. It raised the bar so high that I was even a bit disappointed with the gig in Split back in '16.

And for those meeting up in Greece, I wish you a great time of course, but I also have to say this:

65olty.jpg

What is the venue? I saw somewhere Olympic Stadium, cannot sold out that fast, it's a venue of monstrous capacity. Maybe some auxiliary venue in the vicinity?

Tickets and flights booked, we're in Athens 3 days before the show and we'll be departing 3 days after. Not considering the flight days, from Thursday morning over the concert weekend to Tuesday evening, we'll be 100% free for some metal havoc.

no5 let's keep in touch for the accomodation - "the base", and general planning of havoc whereabouts

Edit : "looking forward to the trip" does not cut it ;) Maiden, meetup, summer, Greece. Wow.

Tickets and flights booked, we're in Athens 3 days before the show and we'll be departing 3 days after. Not considering the flight days, from Thursday morning over the concert weekend to Tuesday evening, we'll be 100% free for some metal havoc.

no5 let's keep in touch for the accomodation - "the base", and general planning of havoc whereabouts

Edit : "looking forward to the trip" does not cut it ;) Maiden, meetup, summer, Greece. Wow.

Man it will be something! This layout of 3 days before and 3 days after is not bad at all! Wow, endless possibilities!

Back