Maidenfans Fantasy Football League

I've picked a team. A question though: I picked a squad (about 15?); every other fantasy football game I've played I only pick 11, what happens here?

LC, there is also an art in this to get a team that would be so bad it proudly sits in relegation zone all season.

I will have a go at this, but perhaps not today.

Hahahaha.  We should collaborate.  Put our heads together and make our best guesses.

Does Vinnie Jones still play?  If not, can I choose him and get points for everyone he kills in movies?

LooseCannon said:
Hahahaha.  We should collaborate.  Put our heads together and make our best guesses.

Does Vinnie Jones still play?  If not, can I choose him and get points for everyone he kills in movies?

Great idea!  Make us a team, North American Maiden Fans Football Club or whatever, and we'll see what we can do!

OK, Maidenfans NA has been created.  Now I need to do research on what a good player is in the league.

OK, I registered a team, just to see how the mechanic works.  It's sorta interesting...you get 100 pts, players are worth, it seems, between 3 and 14 (14 is Ronaldo).

The value of the player is based on the performance last season. Ronaldo owned us all last season but rumours have been circulating about him leaving Man U for Spain. If he leaves the country he won't score points for your team. Hes also currently injured ut if he stays and plays well he could be worth it. Tough call.
You have 11 players + 4 subs. If one of your 11 is injured or suspended you can log in and change your team to bring another player in. Only your 11 players on the pitch score points.
You will get an email a few days before every match reminding you to pick a team. They also send you links to tips on picking the best team.
During the season, if you have a player who can't hit a barn door with a donkey then you can transfer players (swap them) but I think it deducts points from your league total.
Any more questions?

From what I understand, you get one free transfer a week, and then during one of the weeks you can declare a wild card and make as many transfers as you want without penalty.

Back