Maiden Songs that belong on other albums

Chartwell

Trooper
Hey all, I've been listening quite heavily to the entire Maiden catalog as of late, thanks to you guys and your passion, but was thinking that some songs stand out on albums as not fitting with that album's vibe - that is, that they'd be better on other albums. I've commented on another post that I think Passchendale would have worked better on AMOLAD, so the album could have been all war/religion (in my opinion, I would have dropped the Legacy to make room for it, but that's just me  :innocent:).

My latest one is El Dorado, which I really enjoy, but I think being on TFF with so many instant Maiden classics makes it seem less powerful. I think that El Dorado would have fit in perfectly on No Prayer for the Dying, as well as being one of the standout tracks. Does anyone else have songs that they think would be better on other albums than the one they appeared on?

Swap Gangland for Purgatory, including singers...
Gangland on Killers sung by Paul
Purgatory on Beast sung by Bruce

Improves Beast, at least.

I don't know. I like all the songs where they are.

Total Eclipse REALLY sounds like something from Piece of Mind, so i'd put it there.  Most of the songs on VXI and Brave New World also sound interchangeable, not counting production, drumming, or vocals of course. 

I think sticking all the war songs on AMOLAD doesn't do it justice. The way I see it Paschendale is what lead to a lot of AMOLAD, and Paschendale fits in perfectly on DoD.

I think Man on the Edge would have fit nicely on Fear of the Dark, and a few songs on Fear of the Dark like The Fugitive or Chains of Misery would have been great on The X-Factor. Thinking about it, Chains of Misery would have been some great relief in the tracklisting of X-Factor, somewhere before the end. Blaze could have sang it well too.

Robbiedbee said:
I think sticking all the war songs on AMOLAD doesn't do it justice. The way I see it Paschendale is what lead to a lot of AMOLAD, and Paschendale fits in perfectly on DoD.
Paschendale would have been better with AMOL&D production IMO.

Mother Of Mercy sounds like an AMOLAD track to me.  Other than that, I pretty much exclusively associate each song with the respective album it came from.

Donner said:
Mother Of Mercy sounds like an AMOLAD track to me. 

Yeah, I agree with that. Good call.
maidenhead1996 said:
I always thought about one song : Public Enema Number One > Piece of Mind

That is one of my favorite tracks from NPFTD, and I think it could work on Piece of Mind. It would have been great in-between DWYBO and the Trooper. BTW, Public Enema's intro with Nicko's laugh is my favorite Nicko intro.

My final list...
TNOTB - Invaders or Gangland to POM
POM - To Tame A Land to P
P - Flash Of The Blade to POM
SSOASS - Can I Play With Madness to FOTD
NPFTD - Bring Your Daugher To The Slaughter to FOTD, Mother Russia to SSOASS or TFF
DOD - Paschendale to AMOL&D, Face In The Sand to BNW, Journeyman to TFF
AMOL&D - The Legacy to DOD
TFF - The Alchemist to NPFTD

Groteskfull said:
No More Lies always sounded to me like it would've fit in well on the Virtual XI album.

Because it has the same predictability level as some VXI-tracks.  :D

Back