Maiden new album in 2014

"The Beast of England"-Tour 2014.

Featuring more songs from The Number of the Beast plus British Lion as the opening act.

How about a more free-form small venue tour, focused more on music than spectacle — where they mixed up the setlist on a regular basis and treated us to a number of rarely performed tracks?

It will be interesting to see what the tour is -- Maiden England round 3 or something else. I could see Maiden England again hitting Asia/Australia. But am hoping for a tour of newer material across the US.

It will be interesting to see what the tour is -- Maiden England round 3 or something else. I could see Maiden England again hitting Asia/Australia. But am hoping for a tour of newer material across the US.

Agreed, like an appropriate 'The Final Frontier 2011 Tour" for us in the US. While I am not at all arguing about their amazing set list during the summer of 2010, I loved The Final Frontier album, and would love to hear such songs like TFF, Talisman, Coming Home, WTWWB, along with other post-2000 classics (again), etc... since we got neglected on the 2011 tour.

As long it features only 1 or 2 songs from NPFTD and the same from FOTD, I'd love a newer material tour! Honestly, I'd love to see a tour from just the last four albums (but mostly BNW).

Personally I think this tour is going to be a 90's history tour. And because this era wasn't as popular as the 80's it could be just a quick 1 year tour.

I think too it could be songs from 90's period...if not they could do a greatest hits tour doing one song from every album from 1980 until 2010 including too some hits from 90's albums especially, maybe it could be a way to celebrate a little bit the 90's period...like they did in summer 2010 with the album of period post - reunion...

As long it features only 1 or 2 songs from NPFTD and the same from FOTD, I'd love a newer material tour! Honestly, I'd love to see a tour from just the last four albums (but mostly BNW).
Yeah, but they did it on summer 2010 just before the release of "the final frontier" album...focusing on that period... :)

If it was a history tour, I'd be kinda interested to see how much from 1990-1998 they did. A few songs I can think of that would make it?

Be Quick or Be Dead
Fear of the Dark
Afraid to Shoot Stranger
Man on the Edge
Futureal
Clansman
Sign of the Cross

Honestly, No Prayer is the only album I can't think of songs they've done on subsequent tours. Anyone? Maybe Tailgunner? I dunno. Substandard album quality.

Yeah I agree. But if their intention is to play just few songs from the period 1990-1998 I think is better to do a tour covering the period 1990-2010 at this point, only this period, focusing more in the 90's or at least try to do that, seen that, there should be for sure another studio album (possibly in 2015) and subsequent tour and in this case they'll play too classic songs from 80's. So 2014 could be the last chance to see them performing the songs from 90's seen they don't play them since 9 years, except for this tour during which they played "afraid to shoot strangers" but it was just one song, apart from fear of the dark. So let's hope they'll be clear on that point regarding a possible summer tour next year.

Tailgunner was done on the Fear of the Dark-Tour and Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter was done for the last time in the summer of 2003. Same goes for Virtual XI --> The Clansman: Summer of 2003. The X-Factor was represented for the last time in 2004 (final leg of the Dance of Death tour). Fear of the Dark is doing best, especially now that
Afraid to Shoot Strangers came on again recently.

Last edited:
Yeah, but they did it on summer 2010 just before the release of "the final frontier" album...focusing on that period... :)

Yeah, but they still played 6-7 classic songs. Granted, I really enjoyed that setlist, but it could be better. Especially if they got rid of songs like "El Dorado", "Wildest Dreams", and "Blood Brothers".

A 90's-2010's tour makes the most sense, but I doubt it will happen. I think it's more likely we'll get a full album tour, like The Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, or Powerslave from front to back, to please the "throwback act" fans.

I think it's more likely we'll get a full album tour, like The Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, or Powerslave from front to back, to please the "throwback act" fans.
Wow. The idea of hearing some of these songs gives me chills already. Not sure if they'd ever do this though.

Wouldn't be too interested in 90's tour. Mostly because they probably wouldn't dig too deep with that one,
the only song I expected them to bring back for a 90's tour is ATSS, and we got that on Maiden England.

Seeing a full album played live would be cool though. My vote is for POM.

If its a full album tour it better be Somewhere in Time

That would be the best, as they tend to have dropped almost every SIT from their setlist. Other than SSOASS, Somewhere in Time is the only album that I think is solid enough to play in full. All the rest are too inconsistent, IMO. But, Bruce could never sing the title track live, so it'll never happen.

Lets think here....does any album of theirs have a anniversary next year? ;)

But yeah, a sort of Give Me Ed, summer tour thing is quite likely...

Back