Maiden Japan (2021 Remaster)

Midnight

The Ever-Present "It"
Maiden Japan is on streaming services! It's been remastered by Ade Emsley (who was in charge of the 2015 remasters), and contains all five tracks. It was uploaded to the official Iron Maiden YouTube channel on 14 November 2021, and to all other streaming services on 15 November 2021.

Damn I'd love a remastered vinyl copy of this. I did score an original 81' pressing of this and Live +One! that both still sound phenomenal, but I want new! I'd LOVE an official release of that whole damn show. There's a bootleg of it but it has a weird, sort of tweedy sound to it.

You'ld wonder, it's a bit out of the blue?

Maybe it might tie in to the rumoured project Steve has up his sleeve with a lot of the old school members from the pub days. Maiden Japan isn't a million miles away from that era
Could you be more specific about this project please?

Could you be more specific about this project please?

I can't remember who the source was but it was probably someone on here or maybe the official forum but basically they said that the reason Steve got together with a lot of the old members just before they recorded Senjutsu and the reason they are thanked on the Senjutsu thanks list is that Steve is working on "a project". That's all that was said as far as I can remember. It's not a particularly great rumour and could be easily made up.

Good shout. It's on Tidal in Master Quality.
Tidal's MQA (Master Quality Audio) is lossy audio. It's inferior to regular CD-quality audio before the unfolding process and inferior to true hi-res audio after the unfolding process.

Tidal's MQA (Master Quality Audio) is lossy audio. It's inferior to regular CD-quality audio before the unfolding process and inferior to true hi-res audio after the unfolding process.

The MQA thing isn't that cut and dry as you say but it's definitely not as accurate as what they advertise. However, in the end it's really something that only audiophiles with £3,000 speakers will care about.

Besides, I don't subscribe to their top tier sub. The regular sub gives you Hi-Fi (CD quality) audio as it is.

Actual lossless audio on a streaming service remains fairly elusive. I think Amazon Music claim to have it.

I can't remember who the source was but it was probably someone on here or maybe the official forum but basically they said that the reason Steve got together with a lot of the old members just before they recorded Senjutsu and the reason they are thanked on the Senjutsu thanks list is that Steve is working on "a project". That's all that was said as far as I can remember. It's not a particularly great rumour and could be easily made up.

Would you ever consider taking some tracks that Maiden would never do, such as ‘Burning Ambition’ for example, and dropping them into the British Lion set?
No, I mean, I think it would be all too easy to do that, and maybe even songs from the Blaze years which may never see the light of day with Maiden again. People ask me that question, and yeah, on one hand, but I think, if I did that, I’d have to do a third project. I wouldn’t want to do it with this, because this is a totally different thing, and it’s more rock and roll than metal anyway, and I think those songs, if I did it, maybe I’d get Blaze or someone to do it with; I don’t know, it’s not something I particularly have the time to do, or have the inclination right now anyway! But if you’re thinking about it, I think that would be the way to go, rather than doing it with this, because this is a totally separate entity; I don’t think it really would be right to do it with this anyway.

The only time Steve has mentioned some idea of a putting together a "project" other than British Lion. :)

That's not what I was referring to, I guess the "rumour" I'm talking about probably came up when people were discussing why ex-band members had been thanked on Senjutsu. It definitely was not something as concrete as a quote from Steve himself, more a mention from a fan who at the time I had no reason to suspect as a bullshit artist.

It was probably just Steve wanting to thank everyone significant, in case it is the last album.

It was probably just Steve wanting to thank everyone significant, in case it is the last album.
There is an interview of Steve 'Loopy' Newhouse shortly after Senjutsu was released, and the interviewers made reference to the album credit. Loopy said he couldn't talk about it but all will be revealed in time, if memory serves correctly.

Last edited:
There is an interview of Steve 'Loopy' Newhouse shortly after Senjutsu was released, and the interviewers made reference to the album credit. Steve said he couldn't talk about it but all will be revealed in time, if memory serves correctly.

that sounds like what I'm remembering alright, I didn't see the interview but someone probably referred to it here, obviously Loopy would be a trustworthy source

Back