Maiden Japan (2021 Remaster)

I have yet to see this on American services. Anyone have any idea what the deal is here? It’s very possible that it’s an unauthorized release, those tend to pop up on streaming from time to time. Are people in the US or UK seeing it?

Seems odd that Maiden would quietly remaster this when it hasn’t had a physical release since the 90s (?).
It’s been up on Spotify for a good while now, at least in Scandinavia. Rhino stand as the record company, as with the Total eclipse (2022 remaster). On the Eddies archive discs, it says Rhino/Parlophone, the regular albums Parlophone. Maybe Rhino are up to something, or planning to release Maiden Japan on a future record store day release?

It’s a no brainer record store day release but Maiden also hasn’t participated in years despite having plenty of material. Since 2016 maybe?

I have yet to see this on American services. Anyone have any idea what the deal is here? It’s very possible that it’s an unauthorized release, those tend to pop up on streaming from time to time. Are people in the US or UK seeing it?

Seems odd that Maiden would quietly remaster this when it hasn’t had a physical release since the 90s (?).

It's on my spotify, not sure if it has any relevance in this day and age, but it is the 4-track UK version

It’s a no brainer record store day release but Maiden also hasn’t participated in years despite having plenty of material. Since 2016 maybe?

Empire of the Clouds I think has been the only record store day release.

It's on my spotify, not sure if it has any relevance in this day and age, but it is the 4-track UK version
this is interesting. here, it's the 5 track version with wrathchild.

Attachments

• Ekran Resmi 2024-06-26 12.10.56.png
    Ekran Resmi 2024-06-26 12.10.56.png
    950.1 KB · Views: 5
Ha Ha, it's the five track for me too, I just did a search for Maiden Japan and it showed 4 songs, but when you actually click on the album, Wrathchild is there too

MaidenJapan.jpg

I can't understand why Iron Maiden didn't re-released MJ on vinyl and cd as a part of the latest remasters series? They should publish this one in 2021 as a part of Killers album 40 anniversary. Shame on Smallwood.

If it actually has been remastered, then something must be in the works. I can't imagine they are remastering material just for Spotify and not to make any cash for themselves out of it.

Empire of the Clouds I think has been the only record store day release.
Brave New World as well, released before they announced reissues of the entire post 90s catalog.

I can't understand why Iron Maiden didn't re-released MJ on vinyl and cd as a part of the latest remasters series? They should publish this one in 2021 as a part of Killers album 40 anniversary. Shame on Smallwood.
I guess it was all to sell the Maiden Japan Tshirt back in 2021, which was released in the so called "Remastered" Tshirt edition. :ninja: Btw, there's plenty of decisions lately I don't understand. Top example: We are having the Powerslave 40 years anniversary right now, and what happens? After no Tshirt update at all for a long time yet they came up with a new Piece Of Mind Tshirt collection yesterday. :facepalm: Based on the comic book.

I guess it was all to sell the Maiden Japan Tshirt back in 2021, which was released in the so called "Remastered" Tshirt edition. :ninja: Btw, there's plenty of decisions lately I don't understand. Top example: We are having the Powerslave 40 years anniversary right now, and what happens? After no Tshirt update at all for a long time yet they came up with a new Piece Of Mind Tshirt collection yesterday. :facepalm: Based on the comic book.
This is an example how Iron Maiden’s management works. No comments.

Powerslave won't be 40 til October

I am sure that even Rod Smallwood has heard Tshirts selling better in summer than in autumn... At least in Europe. In autumn they are making money along with TFP merch anyway, so why no Powerslave based fan merch in summer, I don't get it.
' Cos that is Rod Smallwood and his marketing.

Back