Maiden Collection

I have to admit, that list is impressive considering you would of possibly only started that collection (I'm guessing) 5/6 years ago. There is some rarities that would have set you back a bit. I know how much, for example, the Holy Smoke single on CD can go for as I was tempted - for a microsecond - to put it up on ebay when I got Eddies Archive. I have had this tendency to sell all my vinyl as and when I got the CD version* and as all of the said single is on the Eddies Archive collection, it nearly went as well. I still collect the vinyl single releases if it has a different track listing to the CD version.

* Having said that, I still have Futureal, Lord of The Flies and Wasting Love to get on CD. And I too have some rare stuff - like the original release of Live at Donnington 1992 and the little box you would have got with The X Factor that was (apparently) meant to house the album, and the two singles - the two versions of Man on the Edge and Lords of the Flies, but Lord of The Flies was not officially released in the UK - so two versions of Virus sit there instead. Well, I have been collecting the CD's since the late 80's.

As for Maiden related:

Bruce Dickinson: Tattooed Millionaire (original release), Dive, Dive, Dive CD single (with poster), Chemical Wedding and Tyranny of Souls - all on CD.
Wolfsbane: All CD albums except All Hell's Breaking Loose. The Shakin' CD single. As well as a cassette of Wasted but Dangerous I bought at one of their concerts.

EDIT: And Blood & Beleif - Blaze - how could I forget that one. :biggrin:

Actually, I got some of those items surprisingly cheap (including the Holy Smoke single). At some points during the last two years, I'd been watching Ebay with eagle eyes, trying to snatch anything I could get at under 10 Euros... I was, however, so eager to complete the First Ten Years that I did bend that budget a bit from time to time.
Also, there are some items I've been after for so long that I had no other choice than to grab a little deeper into my pocket, most notably the Man On The Edge box. But sometimes, it's not even the price, but the rarity of the item. I simply haven't found a Fear Of The Dark live single on Ebay yet. Or, if I have, at that time I could indeed not afford it. Also, some are just finds of pure luck (Maiden Japan, Best Of The Beast and Silver And Gold I found while randomly browsing my local used record store).
But yes, given that my serious collecting only really started two years ago, I am quite impressed myself sometimes when I look at what I have.

Perun said:
to complete the First Ten Years

That was one of your best achievements imo!
Those things are pretty wanted.

I still don't have them all, but I have never bought any Maiden items via internet either.

I can't list by heart what I have, I'll do it soon.
:)

*jealous of all you Europeans*  :p

It's so hard to find rare stuff here in America, but I have a few things to add to my *tiny* list:

Picked these up in Toronto last month:
Killers hoodie
Powerslave shirt (not the tour, just mommy-Eddie on the back)
Judas Priest British Steel 1980 tour shirt (my hubby was at this show, but they didn't have the shirt in his size!)

Hey Perun, is the "acoustic" version of Paschendale better than the regular? I'd like to hear it...
And isn't there an "electric" version of Journeyman on that No More Lies EP?

Powergirl81 said:
Hey Perun, is the "acoustic" version of Paschendale better than the regular? I'd like to hear it...
And isn't there an "electric" version of Journeyman on that No More Lies EP?
I've heard of the orchestral version of Paschendale, but not an acoustic version. This and the electric Journeyman are all on the No More Lies EP.

@Perun: Does your First Ten Years have the box or did you get hold of the CD's individually?

I remember seeing the No More Lies EP back in 2003, but I wasn't paying attention to Maiden back then  :S
*H would be ashamed*

I'll ask my hubby to get it for mr for Christmas  :D he can pick it up online somewhere, as long as it's still around...?

I just had a quick browse on (UK) ebay. 4 No More Lies selling - cheapest £0.99 (0 bids), dearest £19.99 (0 bid) but there is a £14.99 with 1 bid. (£14.99 is around $30 or €22).

And out of curiosity, I searched for Wasting Love. Found one in Berlin with 1 bid - £50.

I've been collecting since the early 90's:

Tapes:Iron Maiden, Killers, Number of the Beast, Piece Of Mind, Powerslave, Live after Death, Somewhere In Time, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, No Prayer For The Dying, Fear Of The Dark, A Real Live One, A Real Dead One, Live At Donnington 1992, The X Factor, Virtual XI.
CDs: Iron Maiden, Killers, Number of the Beast, Piece Of Mind, Powerslave, Live after Death, Somewhere In Time, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, No Prayer For The Dying, Fear Of The Dark, A Real Live One, A Real Dead One, Live At Donnington 1992, The X Factor, Virtual XI, Brave New World, Rock In Rio, Dance Of Death, Death on the Road, A Matter Of Life and Death.
CD Singles: Maiden Japan / Purgatory, Can I Play With Madness / The Evil That Men Do (Both from 1st ten years set), Wildest Dreams, Number Of the Beast (2002), Run To the Hills (CD 1&2 - 2001), Man On The Edge, Futureal, The Angel And The Gambler (CD 1&2), The Wicker Man (CD 1&2), Virus (CD 1&2).
Vinyl Singles: 12": Aces High, 2 Minutes to midnight, Maiden Japan.
                              7": Hallowed be thy Name (live), The Clairvoyant, Sanctuary, Run To The Hills (2001)
Vinyl Albums: Number of the Beast, No Prayer for the Dying
VHS: Live At The Rainbow, Live After Death, 12 Wasted Years, Maiden England, 1st Ten Years, Live At Donnington 1992, Raising Hell, Visions Of The Beast.
DVD: Number Of The Beast (classic albums), Rock in Rio, Early Days part one.
T-Shirts: Killers, The Trooper, Live After Death, Clive Aid (1st Year), Eddies Evil Xmas Brew, Fan Club T-Shirt, Iron Maiden Album Cover.
Box Sets: Eddie's Archive, Best Of the Beast
Books: "Iron Maiden - The Photographs" - Ross Halfin, "30 Years of the Beast" - Paul Stenning, "Run To The Hills" - Mick Wall, "Iron Maiden - The Photographic History: What Are We Doing This For" - Ross Halfin, "Infinite Dreams" - Dave Bowler & Bryan Dray
Tour Programmes: No Prayer For the Dying, Dance of Death, A Matter of Life and Death, Brixton Academy 2002 - Clive Aid
Bootlegs Live At The Rainbow 1980, World Pice Tour Vols 1 & 2 1983, Donnington 1988, Live At The Point Depot Dublin 1993, Brazil 1996 - Live in Sao Paulo, Wildest Screams - Live Sao Paulo 2004
Misc Eddie Trooper Statue, Powerslave Eddie Figure, World Slavery Tour Patch, Number Of The Beast Patch, Killers Flag.

Albie said:
@Perun: Does your First Ten Years have the box or did you get hold of the CD's individually?

No, I got hold of them individually, over a time frame of three years, teaching me that patience is a virtue for collectors of rarities. I remember bargaining for my first one (Wasted Years) with a used record dealer. I got it for two Euros less  :D

Powergirl, it's quite easy to get stuff from overseas through Ebay or Amazon. As a matter of fact, I'm starting to regularly buy American CDs via Amazon, because they are cheaper than European ones, even with shipping and handling. If you're buying it from the right people, it won't take much longer than from your country either.

OK, I'll try that. I've seen some rare stuff on ebay before, but I've never bought anything off of it yet. Last year I saw an autographed Powerslave vinyl record! And you could actually "read" the autographs

Nowadays you just scribble your autograph so no one can read it....anyone here have stuff signed my Maiden?

My Maiden (and related) collection:

Skipping the magazines, the tons of audio and video bootlegs (on hard disk, copied and burnt ones) I have at this moment (2 Augustus 2007):

2 calendars: 1996 & 2001

4 flags:
-Live After Death
-The Trooper
-Stranger In A Strange Land
-Fear Of The Dark

3 patches:
-Killer Tour
-Fear Of The Dark (black and white)
-Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son.

6 postcards

1 poster: Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (not the cover artwork but the title track artwork: “…so it shall be written..”  ;-) )

2 Eddies: The Number of The Beast (= big one, including a separate devil) & Somewhere In Time (= small one)

6 Tourbooks:
-Fear Of The Dark 1992
-Real Live Tour
-The X Factour
-The Ed Hunter Tour
-Dance Of Death World Tour 2003-2004
-A Matter Of Life And Death World Tour ’06, Europe

7 Books:
-The Adventures Of Lord Iffy Boatrace (by Bruce Dickinson)
-Iron Maiden : Guitar Tab Edition
-Run To The Hills : The Official Biography
-Run To The Hills : The Authorized Biography (3rd edition)
-Iron Maiden : 30 Years Of The Beast : The Complete Unauthorized Biography
-Iron Maiden : A Photographic History by Ross Halfin (aka: “What Are We Doing This For?”)
-Iron Maiden : The Photographs, Ross Halfin

13 original audio cassettes:
-Iron Maiden
-Killers
-Number of The Beast
-Piece of Mind
-Powerslave
-Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
-No Prayer For The Dying
-Fear Of The Dark
-Virtual XI
-Brave New World
-Edward The Great
-Dance Of Death
-Monsters Of Rock (bootleg - live in Italy 1992)

4 Maiden related original audio cassettes:
-Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding
-Bruce Dickinson - Scream For Me Brazil
-Gillan - Magic (feat. Janick Gers)
-A Tribute to The Beast

22 Vinyl objects:

Albums:
-Piece Of Mind
-Powerslave
-Live After Death

Singles:
-Wasted Years
-Bring Your Daughter…To The Slaughter
-The Trooper (2005 ltd. ed. blue vinyl, includes double sided poster)
-The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg

Maxi singles:
-Sanctuary (signed by Paul Di'Anno! )
-Flight Of Icarus
-2 Minutes To Midnight
-Aces High
-The Evil That Men Do
-The Clairvoyant (live)
-Purgatory / Maiden Japan (The First Ten Years, ltd. ed.)

1 Bootleg:
-When It’s Time To Rock (Bristol, 8 October 1986)

Picture discs:
-The Trooper (shaped)
-Interview With Iron Maiden – Steve Harris (ltd. Edition 2500 copies, TT 109 B )
-Interview With Iron Maiden (ltd. Edition 2500 copies, TT 115 B )
-Run To The Hills (live)
-Running Free (live)
-Stranger In A Strange Land
-The Trooper (2005 ltd. ed. Release)

8 Maiden related vinyl objects:

-Samson – Survivors
-Samson – Head On
-Samson – Shock Tactics
-Pat Travers – Makin’ Magic (feat. Nicko McBrain)
-Pat Travers – Putting It Straight (feat. Nicko McBrain)
-White Spirit – White Spirit (feat. Janick Gers)
-Hear’n’Aid – Stars (feat. Dave Murray & Adrian Smith)
-Paul Di’Anno’s Battlezone – Children Of Madness

8 VHS tapes:
-Iron Maiden Live EP (Rainbow)
-Behind The Iron Curtain
-Live After Death
-12 Wasted Years
-Maiden England
-Donington Live 1992
-The First Ten Years
-Raising Hell

1 Maiden related VHS tape:
-Bruce Dickinson – Dive! Dive! Live!

9 DVD’s:
-The Number Of The Beast
-Rock In Rio
-Visions Of The Beast
-The History Of Iron Maiden – Part 1: The Early Days
-Death On The Road (looks like some kind of promo digipack; features double CD and DVD, concert only)
-Hell Ain’t A Bad Place (bootleg: Mexico City, 2 October 1992)
-Rock The Ring (bootleg: Nürnberg-ring, 6 June 2003)
-Give Me Ed ‘Til I’m Dead (bootleg: Camden, 23 July 2003)
-The Legacy Of The Beast (unauthorized)

CD’s:

Albums

First releases::
All studio albums and live albums

4 Bonus CD albums (re-releases from 1995):
-Powerslave
-Live After Death
-No Prayer For The Dying

8 1998 re-releases:
-Iron Maiden
-Killers
-The Number Of The Beast
-Piece Of Mind
-Powerslave
-Live After Death
-No Prayer For The Dying

Singles

- 7 The First Ten Years CD’s, I miss nr. 3, 4 & 6
-Be Quick Or Be Dead
-From Here To Eternity (digipack)
-Wasting Love
-Fear Of The Dark (live) (digipack)
-Hallowed Be Thy Name (live)
-Man On The Edge (normal CD version, no digipack or box)
-Lord Of The Flies (normal CD version, no digipack or box)
-Virus (normal CD version, no digipack or box)
-The Angel & The Gambler (CD 1 of a 2CD-set) (digipack)
-The Angel & The Gambler (CD 2) (digipack)
-Futureal (digipack)
-The Wicker Man (b-sides: live versions of MOTE & Powerslave)
-The Wicker Man (ltd. ed. clear CD: incl. live versions of Futureal & Killers)
-Out Of The Silent Planet (digipack)
-Run To The Hills (original single version)
-Run To The Hills (live ‘01 version)
-Wildest Dreams (2 track single)
-Wildest Dreams (3 track single)
-Wildest Dreams (DVD single)
-Rainmaker
-Rainmaker (DVD single)
-The Number Of The Beast (enhanced CD)
-The Trooper (enhanced CD)
-The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
-Different World
-Different World (DVD single)

Other stuff:
-Best Of The Beast - double CD with book
-Best Of The Beast – 16-track single CD
-Best Of The Beast – 12-track single CD (different tracklist from the 16-track)
-Edward The Great
-Ed Hunter
-In Profile
-Iron Maiden En Live Integral (came with a French metal magazine in 1998, featuring 5 live tracks from Gothenburg 1 November 1995, plus 5 Maiden covers)
-Maiden Over (interview CD)
-Iron Maiden (shape CD, 1982 interview with Bruce and Steve)
-Virtual XI - Japanese import, featuring a 2nd disc with: BOTWH and The Aftermath (live)
-Russian edition of Iron Maiden & Killers on ONE disc!
-Eddie’s Archive
-No More Lies – DOD Souvenir EP
-Dance Of Death (DVD-audio)
-Numbers From The Beast (tribute)
-The Maiden Years (tribute)

7 Bootlegs:
-Another Live
-Live USA
-Die With Your Boots On - Part 2
-Live At Paul Ricard
-666 The Number Of The Rarest Tracks
-High Ball Shooter
-666 Stockholm, City Of The Beast

Bruce Dickinson

First release albums:
-Balls To Picasso
-Alive In Studio A
-Skunkworks
-Accident Of Birth
-The Chemical Wedding
-Scream For Me Brazil
-The Best Of…
-Tyranny Of Souls

Re-released albums (incl. bonus discs):
-Tattooed Millionaire
-Balls To Picasso
-Skunkworks
-Accident Of Birth
-The Chemical Wedding
-Alive 3 CD-set (Alive In Studio A + Scream For Me Brazil)

Singles:
-All The Young Dudes
-Accident Of Birth (red cover)
-Accident Of Birth (green cover, different b-sides)
-Back From The Edge (digipack)

DVD:
-Anthology

Samson:
-Survivors
-Survivors (13 track CD, the last 5 tracks with Bruce on vocals)
-Head On
-Shock Tactics
-Past, Present & Future (however, requests to include BD/Samson material were declined)

Blaze:
-Silicon Messiah (signed by entire first Blaze line-up, those were the days  :( )
-Tenth Dimension (2CD digipack)
-As Live As It Gets
-Blood & Belief

1 photo of the first Blaze line-up, signed by all band members.

Paul Di’Anno:
-Killers – Murder One
-Killers – Menace To Society
-Killers - Live
-Paul Di’Anno & Killers – Live

Adrian Smith
-A.S.A.P – Silver And Gold
-Psycho Motel – State Of Mind
-Psycho Motel – Welcome To The World (Japanese import)

That is some collection Forostar. I must admit it surpasses mine - but mine is almost all CD's/DVD's - around 85/90 and only around 5/6 of these I have had to buy second hand as most of the rest have been brought close enough to its release (re-issue) date and therefore, if any single (aside from the three mentioned earlier) had two versions or a box or a digipak or those little postcards, I have 'em. I do have some vinyl and one or two VHS's - and a patch. I don't have, however, Eddies Head. That was going for over £100 and I could not afford it at the time.

But this Wildest Dreams 2 track CD I've not heard of - is it a promo or something?

Out of curiosity, does anyone have the little 3D cover with the Virtual XI or Rock in Rio CD's.

Albie said:
But this Wildest Dreams 2 track CD I've not heard of - is it a promo or something?

Isn't that a 3" CD? I know for certain that a Rainmaker one exists, as I've seen that several times (though never bought it  :blush: ).

Albie said:
That is some collection Forostar. I must admit it surpasses mine - but mine is almost all CD's/DVD's - around 85/90 and only around 5/6 of these I have had to buy second hand as most of the rest have been brought close enough to its release (re-issue) date and therefore, if any single (aside from the three mentioned earlier) had two versions or a box or a digipak or those little postcards, I have 'em. I do have some vinyl and one or two VHS's - and a patch. I don't have, however, Eddies Head. That was going for over £100 and I could not afford it at the time.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have the little 3D cover with the Virtual XI or Rock in Rio CD's.

I have those 3D covers mate!
I also decided not to buy Eddie's Head. Too expensive.

I forgot about the patches, by the way:
3 patches:
-Killer Tour
-Fear Of The Dark (black and white)
-Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son.

Wildest Dreams. Differences between the 2-track and the 3-track single:

2-track
code: 07243 552930 2 2
the sleeve is double, however a blank inside
B-side: Pass The Jam
European tourdates (October and November 2003) printed below the info on the 2 tracks

3-track
The red sticker says it's a limited edition
code: 07243 552931 2 1
the sleeve is single
2 B-sides: Pass The Jam & Blood Brothers (Orchestral Mix)
European tourdates (October and November 2003) printed under the plastic (cd-inlay)

No clue why they did this. I just remember I saw it and bought it. Somehow I can't find anything about it on the official site.   :blink:

@Perun:
Not a 3" CD, Perun, and I have never known about a 3" CD of Rainmaker either. You have a link, just curious how it looks? :)

Albie said:

I have the Rock In Rio one. Does anyone know how rare those are?

My own collection is quite modest, and I doubt it has changed much from whatever I previously posted in this topic years ago: all the 1998 enhanced CD remasters, all the studio and live albums since then (A Matter of Life and Death with the special edition DVD), the 1CD version of Best of the Beast, the Maiden England CD/VHS package, the Early Days DVD, the 2-track CD Wildest Dreams single (it was the one I found when I went out to look for it), Run To The Hills: The Authorised Biography (2nd edition) and a few t-shirts.

As for Maiden-related material, I have all Bruce Dickinson's studio albums in the original CD versions, plus the 2CD reissues of Balls To Picasso and Skunkworks, the 2CD Best Of and the Anthology DVD, as well as all the four Blaze albums released so far.

I also have a few bootlegs and downloaded rare tracks.

I have the 3d cover of Virtual XI and Rock in Rio. Unfortunately, i missed the special AMOLAD edition.  :S

My collection is very modest: all the standard cd´s ( SIT as 1998 edition, Iron Maiden as 1995 edition, no repeating), all the standard live albuns ( Donington' white cover), 12 wasted years and the first 10 years video original VHS , early days and DOTR dvd´s (still missing the Rock in Rio DVD...  :down:).

For a reason that i cannot comprehend, i missed the opportunity to buy the Real Live one album in the 1990´s.  :( , so it´s the only missing standard album in my collection. I also did have the expensive  Eddies Archive in my hands, but back then i was too embarrassed to ask my parents to give me some little help... you know...  ;) (probably i will regret this...).

I do not collect best of albuns (the only one i think it was worth to buy was the special edition of the Best of the beast, but back then i didn´t even heard anything about Maiden).  -_-

What else ?? ah, i do have a Virus t-shirt, but it´s very small  :lol:, and a football ticket from the Virtual XI european "football" tour.... (poor Maiden...).  :innocent:

I have also some magazines about Maiden, but nothing very relevant to  be mentioned.

I also have downloaded the famous killer version of Bruce, somewhere in 1981, i think...  :yey:

Maiden-related: Not much - Tattooed Millionaire, the chemical wedding and recently bought the special edition of Accident of Birth.

Next summer I'll add to my small collection with a tour shirt or 2...

But I love that poster!  :D

The picture of the band looks nice too  :ok:

I have 3 Maiden albums; 2 studio albums (Brave New World, A Matter of Life and Death) and 1 compilation album (Edward the Great)

Mine's very similiar

3 maiden albums (The number of the beast,A matter of life and death) and Edward the great
and a different world t shirt and Rock in Rio the DVD

Back