Maiden At The O2 This August?

Well, I asked for Saturday --that was a no-no. I was thinking I could have got an afternoon flight from Inverness or something crazy; but I'm working until half-five on Saturday. However, I've requested Monday just as a normal day off. I don't have a fixed day off, so I might have it off anyway. If there's a second night (I assume Sunday), then I might be able to make it down. I'll see. If it's super expensive, probably not anyway. Really, I should have thought about a European show a little earlier, but my holidays had to all be in late last year for all of 2013, before quite a lot of dates were announced...

Yeah, we had to jump on holiday dates last year too, it was just luck I wasn't working the other weekend. I *had* wondered about Amsterdam, since I'm off work this week, but it was almost sold out when I thought to look at it.

If the presales have sold out on standing, surely that can't be ALL the standing tickets for the whole gig just gone??? Is there not just a batch given to the presale holders to shift, before all the rest of the tickets go on sale?

Question number 2 with it being 'ticketless' will it sell out quick, i.e by the end of tomorrow? Just what you guys reckon? :p

It would be farcical in the extreme if it was already sold out prior to the O2 themselves putting the tickets on general release; which is tomorrow (28th). All the good tickets, maybe --but it canny be sold out. I think Black Wizard means as good as sold out.

Fair point, not so sure I'm in favour of this whole ticketless system, bit of a farce saying fans shouldn't loose out on tickets but then they could get screwed if loads have gone in the presales and that's it theyre gone (i don't mind paying a tout a bit extra if that what it takes); the solution: change your phone network, oh right yeah cheers :censored:

True but it's such a gamble... :p well let's just be thankful that Maiden aren't completely daft and aren't competing with some *cough* Sabbath *cough* ticket prices! Though even £45.75 as it says on axs is slightly eyebrow raising...

It would be farcical in the extreme if it was already sold out prior to the O2 themselves putting the tickets on general release; which is tomorrow (28th). All the good tickets, maybe --but it canny be sold out. I think Black Wizard means as good as sold out.

I'm pretty sure Metallica's last show in Glasgow in 2009 sold out before going on general sale because fanclub members had bought them in the presale. I know for a fact that people had joined the fanclub specifically to get tickets in the presale.

Ah, Metallica in Glasgow! Saw them at the Barrowlands in '94/95. Immense.

Aye, if what you say is true, then that's pretty damn annoying. But two nights at the O2 is about 40,000 tickets. Can't see them all being sold, both times, pre-sale. But point taken: be prepared for shit tickets, unless you're buying pre-sale! :D

Back